Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2017, 08:33 AM #21
Scarrviper
Veteran

-->
Scarrviper is on a distinguished road -->

My name is Kurt, I'm from Ohio. I first discovered G.I.Joe around 2002. Before that I was mainly into Star Wars collecting. A few years later I learned more through the internet with the various fansites that existed and gained interest in the vintage O-ring figures. Eventually I discovered this site and was a lurker for a year or so before joining in 2007.

I'll admit that in the last few years I've been away from the site and not posting as much as I did in the past. I think a lot of things contributed to that. I had less time to devote to the hobby, I think we've all been there at least once. There was less being posted here and less comments being made. There were times were the site was down with technical problems. After awhile you give up. Plus in 2015 I was sidelined after having to have two surgeries.

My collecting has changed a bit. In the past I was strictly a joe collector with some original trilogy Star Wars on the side. All 3 3/4" scale of course. Now I still collect o-ring joes, that will always be my focus, but with my interest in star wars faded (no thanks to hasbro or disney), I have branched out to collecting some of Neca's 7" figures.

I've learned a lot since first coming here 10 years ago, it's hard to believe it's been that long.

"It was long ago, and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today."

Hi Scarrviper...
Old 07-10-2017, 08:42 AM #22
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Hi Scarrviper...

...another Legend.

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 07-10-2017, 10:57 AM #23
Dr. Phibes
Veteran

-->
Dr. Phibes is on a distinguished road -->

Hey scar, you didn't like rogue 1?

"I am the Dave… The original you might say..."
Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 PM #24
G.I.*Jock
Pavel Srnicek

-->
G.I.*Jock is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to G.I.*Jock Send a message via MSN to G.I.*Jock Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.*Jock
Cool "I am the Dave… The original you might say..."

Greetings all,

Some of you will know me, some of you won't. I am Dave, 32 years young and I am from Scotland. I love Sci-Fi and pop culture very much. G.I. Joe, Doctor Who and Star Trek are amongst my favourite franchises. I am a total petrol head and a massive football (soccer), darts and motorsport fan. My first Joe was Dodger V1 all the way back in 1989, my first vehicle was the RPV and I have been collecting since I was 4.

Once upon a time I was very active here after being inspired by Justin Bell's Iconoclasts dio story to photograph my Joes. I am uncertain how I came across the site back in 2005 but I was grateful I did! The people and talent here were (and continue to be) a total inspiration for sure!

You will find some of my work here: Joedios and hopefully here: Flickr

I am quite the lurker these days for various reasons. None of them good... Joes in storage... Gave my niece a loan of my digital camera and never got it back etc... First world problems huh?

Anyway, it is great to see so many old names and new 'Bludd' too. I will end on a confession... Yes... I did start buying 25th Joes despite swearing I would never betray the O-ring Joes... I regret nothing! Although I just picked up O-Ring Horrorshow, which I think is my first old skool ARAH purchase in 10 years!

D

Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 PM #25
RavensReturn

-->
RavensReturn is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*Jock
Although I just picked up O-Ring Horrorshow, which I think is my first old skool ARAH purchase in 10 years!

D

O-Ring Horrorshow is one of my fav O-Ring figures Welcome to the magical modern era of Joes

Old 07-11-2017, 10:06 AM #26
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards
Thumbs up

I'm Scott, 39, and from St. Louis, MO. Over educated, underemployed. No wife, no kids, no problems; I prefer to be the favorite and fun uncle. The Cardinals had just won the World Series when I finally got around to creating an account, hence my name.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM #27
Meddatron
Veteran

-->
Meddatron is on a distinguished road -->

Kirk D aka Meddatron. I've been in and out for a few years now for no real reason. Just the way I am. Lose focus often. Been doing mostly facebook. Had been on a long hiatus from here until a recent return. Gi joewasthere said to stop back again. 218 reiterated it as well. So here I am again. Still enjoying the hobby. Liking what I see. More activity again. Well done whoever is responsible. Take care.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:12 PM #28
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddatron
Kirk D aka Meddatron. I've been in and out for a few years now for no real reason. Just the way I am. Lose focus often. Been doing mostly facebook. Had been on a long hiatus from here until a recent return. Gi joewasthere said to stop back again. 218 reiterated it as well. So here I am again. Still enjoying the hobby. Liking what I see. More activity again. Well done whoever is responsible. Take care.

Hey Medda. Need to get my hands on a 1:18 scale Necronomicon. I know Angel Forge used to have it. Any suggestions?
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 07-11-2017, 02:18 PM #29
Meddatron
Veteran

-->
Meddatron is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
Hey Medda. Need to get my hands on a 1:18 scale Necronomicon. I know Angel Forge used to have it. Any suggestions?

I'll look into it bro. We got a local custom con at beginning of next month. AF'S DW might be there. Either way, I'll check with everyone who in our setup group. If any have one, I'll try get you one.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 PM #30
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddatron
I'll look into it bro. We got a local custom con at beginning of next month. AF'S DW might be there. Either way, I'll check with everyone who in our setup group. If any have one, I'll try get you one.

Fantastic! Thank you, dude! I'll pm you on FB.
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"