Quote:
Originally Posted by dancontrino
Parkour is insanely cool, Alex! I'm too fat..the buildings break

Ah come on

Old 06-01-2010, 07:09 PM #52
Weerd1

-->
Weerd1 is on a distinguished road -->

Hi- I go by the handle of Weerd1, but my real name's Dan. I've been a Joe fan since I got a 12" Land Commander at age four, and started getting the RAH figures in 82 when I was ten. I'm a long way into a military career and have allowed your tax dollars to move my Joe collection all over the world. I have a now mostly adult son who's about to outgrow his GI Joes and let me re-inherit them (he's 19 for pete's sake! Give up the toys, give them to your dad!) and a daughter in High School, and the single most understanding and tolerant wife on Earth ("but darling, if I buy THAT HISS tank I will have a spare to turn into a TOW Missile modern tank destroyer!"). I write Joe fan fiction (which you can find on my website linked in my profile) and do some customs and pictures. Love the site and hope to make some worthwhile contributions!
Be seeing you!
Dan

Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM #53
Agent Viper
Legendary

-->
Agent Viper is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weerd1
Hi- I go by the handle of Weerd1, but my real name's Dan. I've been a Joe fan since I got a 12" Land Commander at age four, and started getting the RAH figures in 82 when I was ten. I'm a long way into a military career and have allowed your tax dollars to move my Joe collection all over the world. I have a now mostly adult son who's about to outgrow his GI Joes and let me re-inherit them (he's 19 for pete's sake! Give up the toys, give them to your dad!) and a daughter in High School, and the single most understanding and tolerant wife on Earth ("but darling, if I buy THAT HISS tank I will have a spare to turn into a TOW Missile modern tank destroyer!"). I write Joe fan fiction (which you can find on my website linked in my profile) and do some customs and pictures. Love the site and hope to make some worthwhile contributions!
Be seeing you!
Dan

Good to see some fresh blood!

Good to meet ya, I'm Matt!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 PM #54
pinoyronin
Veteran

-->
pinoyronin is on a distinguished road -->

Hi everyone! I'm George, a Bangkok-based Filipino collector of G.I.Joe and other 1:18 military-themed stuff. I had my first G.I.Joe vehicle and action figure (HAL with Grand Slam) in 1984. Stopped collecting in 1988 when I entered college but resumed the hobby in 2005. Got into taking pictures of my collection beginning in 2007.

Collecting and taking pictures of the Joes is not only a hobby but part of the family activities; they help me bond with my 11-year-old son (himself drawn to G.I.Joe and movie-themed 1:18 stuff) who often acts as my "production assistant" whenever I shoot pics of the Joes outdoors; my wife helps me out--not only with her permission to buy these toys, hehe!--but also with finding useful materials I can use, like microwaveable plastic boxes, display cases, cheaper ziplock bags, etc.; my two daughters, on the other hand, help me tidy up the house after every "Joe and Cobra session".

Looking forward to learning more from you guys!

Last edited by pinoyronin : 04-12-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:20 AM #55
Beast from the east
May the force be with you

-->
Beast from the east is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyronin
Hi everyone! I'm George Amurao, a Bangkok-based Filipino collector of G.I.Joe and other 1:18 military-themed stuff. I had my first G.I.Joe vehicle and action figure (HAL with Grand Slam) in 1984. Stopped collecting in 1988 when I entered college but resumed the hobby in 2005. Got into taking pictures of my collection beginning in 2007.

Collecting and taking pictures of the Joes is not only a hobby but part of the family activities; they help me bond with my 11-year-old son (himself drawn to G.I.Joe and movie-themed 1:18 stuff) who often acts as my "production assistant" whenever I shoot pics of the Joes outdoors; my wife helps me out--not only with her permission to buy these toys, hehe!--but also with finding useful materials I can use, like microwaveable plastic boxes, display cases, cheaper ziplock bags, etc.; my two daughters, on the other hand, help me tidy up the house after every "Joe and Cobra session".

Looking forward to learning more from you guys!

Welcome aboard.

I do the same with my sons.They help me set up the figures for some pics.Its a cool way of bonding and helps GI JOE live longer with new fans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22356329@N03/sets/

Old 06-07-2010, 03:14 AM #56
pinoyronin
Veteran

-->
pinoyronin is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast from the east
Welcome aboard.

I do the same with my sons.They help me set up the figures for some pics.Its a cool way of bonding and helps GI JOE live longer with new fans

Yes, it's like passing on the torch .

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM #57
Death_at_Midnight
Cobra R & D

-->
Death_at_Midnight is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyronin
Hi everyone! I'm George Amurao, a Bangkok-based Filipino collector of G.I.Joe and other 1:18 military-themed stuff. I had my first G.I.Joe vehicle and action figure (HAL with Grand Slam) in 1984. Stopped collecting in 1988 when I entered college but resumed the hobby in 2005. Got into taking pictures of my collection beginning in 2007.

Wow! Bangkok-based! My new stomping grounds! I'll be back in Bangkok this August. BTW, where in BKK do you find a good selection of Joes? I would think ZEN at Central World, but that's now gone, and I have no clue the TRU there survived. Wow! Small world!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:25 PM #58
ct nightviper

-->
ct nightviper is on a distinguished road -->

hey everyone im ct nightviper or james ive been a lurker on here for awhile now with all the stuff you guys do kinda hard not to im a "80's" baby so of course i grew up on joes. I stopped when i hit high school i started again in 2006 when i found out i was having a boy so he and i would have something to share and bond over and let me tell you i think youd be hard pressed to find another 3 yr old who can tell you most of the joe and cobra names

savage21
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 PM #59
savage21
Veteran

-->
savage21 is on a distinguished road -->
Default savage21

Hi im savage21 = Brandon Haponuk

Im currently in college. Im 21 I have been collecting Joes since about age 16 and was (still am) into Jurassic Park figures. I am honest and a straight shooter. I live in Minnesota. My favorite Joes are Duke, Sgt. Savage, Sgt. Slaughter, and Falcon. if u want find out more just PM me.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 AM #60
Beast from the east
May the force be with you

-->
Beast from the east is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct nightviper
hey everyone im ct nightviper or james ive been a lurker on here for awhile now with all the stuff you guys do kinda hard not to im a "80's" baby so of course i grew up on joes. I stopped when i hit high school i started again in 2006 when i found out i was having a boy so he and i would have something to share and bond over and let me tell you i think youd be hard pressed to find another 3 yr old who can tell you most of the joe and cobra names

I have 5 and 3 yr olds brain washed with Joe and they know all all the characters.Well the ones in the cartoons and movies

Welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22356329@N03/sets/