Mortal Kombat
Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM #1
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->
Default Mortal Kombat

Johnny Cage

Released in 1994 to fill in the niche of the A Real American Hero line and giving Street Fighter II a run for their money was Mortal Kombat. Retooled G.I. Joe figures of mostly of Ninja Force and various Joe and Cobra parts from the late 1980s and 90s. Mortal Kombat uses the same basic concept as Street Fighter II give have the figures Ninja Force type action attack and the other half spring loaded rocket launchers. I was a bitter fan of Mortal Kombat then of Street Fighter. They had way more interesting characters and backstories, more violence and the figures intermingled with G.I. Joe some what better as you will soon find out. Based on the video game by Midway in 1995 a series of Mortal Kombat Movie figures were released in more intricate detail and some using remolds of the defunct Ninja Commandos line.

Johnny Cage was by far the most obnoxicious character of the Mortal Kombat line. Don't get me wrong I loved Linden Ashby's character in the 1995 movie but all the video games make him out to be well a douch. In fact if Hasbro gave Cage the Head man business suit that would have made this figure a hundred times better. The character to me, is about the worthless character to take in battle against Shao Kahn, Cobra or any other foe. About the only use I have for him is in a cage match. Johnny Cage uses the Street Fighter II Sagat waist and legs, Road Pigs torso and has a new sculpt head. Jonny also includes a spring action launcher, missile, sword and knife.

Last edited by dinoviper : 05-15-2014 at 06:48 PM.