Password

Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 PM #11
Tracker
Veteran

-->
Tracker is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
I guess it's all the extra coverage of events, reviews, links etc..... Not bashing jD's but it seems more put together. I admit it can be confusing from time to time trying to navigate the site but it has tons of inormation were JD's is more a PHOTO DIO oriented site.

yep what he said

Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 PM #12
pbarny1701
Teaching The Next Gen

-->
pbarny1701 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to pbarny1701 Send a message via MSN to pbarny1701 Send a message via Yahoo to pbarny1701

www.joebattlelines.com for GI Joe related stuff.

If you want Star Wars customizing and photo novels (the quasi equivalent of gi joe dioramas) try yakface.com or jedidefender.com. For pure customizing goodness there's www.ffurg.com (were we often talk about dio sets and props in the misc, dioramas sections).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
In China, Bill Gates is Britney Spears. In America, Britney Spears is Britney Spears. That's our problem

My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

Is for constructive criticism (will even settle for destructive) just anything but "Nice shot" or "Awesome".

Old 07-14-2010, 05:53 PM #13
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->
Hammerfel will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader9900
Hisstank is where all the drama is!

Had enough of that! Maybe I'll stay away!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:54 PM #14
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline
I guess it's all the extra coverage of events, reviews, links etc..... Not bashing jD's but it seems more put together. I admit it can be confusing from time to time trying to navigate the site but it has tons of inormation were JD's is more a PHOTO DIO oriented site.

We have our niche and we like it.

No, I was asking what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM #15
Flatline
THEY ARE NOT DOLLS!!!

-->
Flatline is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
Ok, so what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome?

OH yeah sorry
I was there alot when JD's was down and I think hisstank was easier then the Dome. Hisstank tons of users all the time and constant updates unlike the Dome. Once JD's came back I never went back to HISS though

Last edited by Flatline : 07-14-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 PM #16
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->

Haha. Cool. Thanks Flatline.

Old School Creations
Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 PM #17
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers

-->
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Rambo
Thumbs up Old School Creations

ARAH EXCLUSIVE CLUB a.k.a. Old School Creations
For ARAH lovers only.

HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD

Old 07-14-2010, 07:00 PM #18
lehsreh
G.I. Smurf

-->
lehsreh is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to lehsreh Send a message via Yahoo to lehsreh

honestly joedios first(we can do our own thread of news updates, i use to a lot on here) then i visit TNI and then hisstank. hisstank and TNI are almost the same, but TNI does reviews on all forms of figures where hisstank is all joe. i know were a joe base here, but we all use star wars, marvel universe and various others that TNI covers and hisstank does not. plus hisstank really does have clicks that even i notice and people who have lots more pull and a lot of drama so i only go, take a quick and get my a$$ back here,lol.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM #19
Prince Adam
Think For Yourself

-->
Prince Adam is on a distinguished road -->

I posted at TNI years ago when it was American Dream and then for a while after the switch. What I liked about it was that there were different sections and at the time some pretty cool people. I always got along better with the people that were into different lines and posted in different sections than those that were just TF or just Joe, etc. Seems like people only really wanted to discuss what was in at the time though which is great but it gets old too. Eventually I moved on and I only return to the site once in a while when there's a scoop I wanna read. The place has become disgusting though as far as adds go. There's 5-8 on any given page.

Was on Yo Joe for a while wheeling and dealing in the trade section which is where a good chunk of my ARAH stuff came from.

Posted at His Stank for a few months shortly after joining here. Was alright but it wasn't my main spot. In recent years I've heard most of the stories of the goings on there and I'm glad I don't bother with it any more. Some of the weirdest stuff I've heard about on forums that's all I'm gonna say.

Currently a member at the 'Drome though I don't post much if ever. It can be a little daunting to navigate and by looking at the front page the forums feel like an afterthought rather than the jist of what the spot's about.

Also a member at the ARAH club same as Rambo posted. It's a great spot if you're only into the classics and it's funny because I see several familiar faces from years past.

For the 1/6 stuff I generally use Flickr. There're a couple 12" Joe groups there and while they center around the oldskool 60s-70s Joe they aren't limited to it and you see lots of customs and kitbashes which is always fun!

Seems like I found JDs through TNI though I don't recall how at this point. Quickly after joining here it really became my only port of call because I was always into to dioramas just never had a spot to view them let alone post any. I'm imagine that's how a lot of folks came across it and the excitement they must've felt when they realized there were others into the same hobby.
I prefer the picture discussion route anymore. Always makes for more fun, imo, cause there's not really any debate and it's a fresh way to enjoy figures you known for years but through some one else eyes. It's easier to post a shot of Tripwire and then talk about how much you like or dislike the figure than to just start a thread about him. Maybe it's memories of old commericials and catalogs but Joes seems the perfect thing to diograph.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM #20
rnrhero
I'm Really Cool.

-->
rnrhero is on a distinguished road -->

www.Yojoe.com - there archive is amazing
www.joecustoms.com - customs and how to's like this site.
www.joebattlelines.com
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/portal.php - 12inch but lots of customizing ideas.

My Flickr

My Want List

My Photography Page