User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 AM #61
lehsreh
G.I. Smurf

-->
lehsreh is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to lehsreh Send a message via Yahoo to lehsreh

mine is simply my real name spelled backwards. ive had it over 15 years. back when my friends and i wanted to be comic artist lehsreh was my alter ego. a demon prince also known as the prince of pain. as ender it became my first every email account name and now it follows me everywhere, even my characters name in my joeverse that has been in my dios. not to mention i have a poem written about him and a short story that was published in my college newspaper where he was a common man with emotional problems who finally gave up and commited suicide by cops. his final words, "YOU JOE!!!"

Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 AM #62
lehsreh
G.I. Smurf

-->
lehsreh is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to lehsreh Send a message via Yahoo to lehsreh

never would have guessed that one silent dusty, pretty cool, lol. always liked silent bob myself, back in the day i never knew the guy had enough common sense to even be writing anything i watched him in.

Screen Name and Intro
Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 AM #63
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->
Default Screen Name and Intro

1) Be good to each other. You can agree, you can disagree, and you can agree to disagree but don't get personal about it. We're all friends here, and we're all fans so let's just leave it at that.

2) Swearing is not allowed in any post in the forums or when replying to pictures. This includes the description area of your picture(s). IF your picture and/or dio has swearing, fine. Please keep in mind that we wish this to be a PG/PG13 sort of site. If you have a ton of swearing in a dio, please try and post a warning as a courtesy.

3) Absolutely no sniping and personal attacks on any member. If there is a problem between board members, take it somewhere else.

4) Blatant trolling. I'll be blunt on this one-- I don't care if you post links to features/reviews/dios/etc at other sites. What I do care about are people who only pop up to promote their site and don't otherwise contribute to the community in any way. This is "trolling for traffic" and I think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do. If you want to post links to your own sites/customs/work/etc, that's great and I encourage it! However, just don't show up to promote yourself and then leave.

5) Enjoy yourself. It’s a place to share stories and images w/ people who have the same interest. It’s great that we have a place like this.

The "order of battle" for disciplinary action around here.

If anyone is found consistently and intentionally violating the spirit of the rules above, the following steps will be taken:

1) Written warning. Either via email or PM you'll be hearing from me with one of those "Cut the crap!" messages. Hopefully this will be enough-- otherwise we move to...

2) Banning. I've seen too many boards grow "out of control" because some people can't remember to respect others. I won't tolerate that here-- ever. Anyone who consistently decides that they can do whatever they want will have to do so elsewhere.

BTW…

If you feel the need to disrespect other board members, make blatant insults, etc, your posts are subject to a bit of an edit. However, you'll know the reasons for the edit and everyone will be able to see that the post has been altered.

By the by...

You want a 1-way ticket to getting banned w/ no warnings?

1. Steal pics from another site, post them here and say they are yours.

It's one thing to post your own stuff. It's another thing to post someone's stuff with their permission. (ie; hosting pics on your own account and posting it for the public) But taking a pic from another site and posting 'em, that's a no-no no matter where you're from.

2. Racism in any form.

and

comments on pics should ALWAYS be honest and polite...........if you find something that looks a bit 'off', a 'gentle' suggestion should be offered. Nothing like 'that pic sucks' or 'I hate that it's stupid' or along those lines.......

Don't sell yourself short on your own pics either! Let's be honest, YOU should know if a picture is 'decent'.......look at it this way, are you proud of what you did? Or are you doing it so you can say to your friends 'look what I crapped out and took a picture of!'? Time and patience will show through your pics all by themselves. And if you get frustrated, don't be afraid to ASK!

Now I don't expect everyone to be able to take the same level of pics, it depends on so many things....camera, speed, surroundings, theme and the most important part........each individual!! Again, it all boils down to each person taking pride in what they are doing..........I mean it is your name attached to each shot!

So, take time and have patience...and just follow your mother's advice 'be respectful'...everyone can benefit from something and you'll be churning out brillant work in no time!!!

And

Some of the newer folks might NOT remember this particular ruling, but the JD has a 3-picture posting limit.

Either space 'em out or if you are trying to tell a story, sometimes it's best to host the shots yourself and make a post in the forum. I am deleting random shots if you are over the 3-shots in a row limit. Please try and let others post too.

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 04-06-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 AM #64
80s Child
Veteran

-->
80s Child is on a distinguished road -->

80s Child:

I was born in '77, so my childhood occured in the best decade to be a child ever - the 1980s. As a 34 year-old now with adult problems like mortgage, job stuff, etc. etc. I often think back to my happy place where hope and possibilities were endless - the 80s. So, when things get a little sticky in present day, I like to harken back to the days of Storm Shadow, Optimus Prime, Cringer, Chewbacca, Tygra, Uncle Jesse, K.I.T.T., Murdock, Angus, and Jessica Fletcher.

Youth IS wasted on the young.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:51 PM #65
M1General
El Hombre

-->
M1General is on a distinguished road -->

M1General in honor of US Army main battle tanks. I'm a big guy too, 6'5" 330 lbs

my turn :)
Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM #66
savage21
Veteran

-->
savage21 is on a distinguished road -->
Default my turn :)

Savage21
I chose this name because Sgt savage was my favorite GI Joe character. He is first GI Joe I remember hearing about and him and wanted one eversince. I finally got one about 2 years ago

Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 PM #67
fled74
The Burninator

-->
fled74 is on a distinguished road -->

My original online handle was "Flederschwein", which many people found difficult to spell so I shortened it to "Fled", plus the year of my birth (1974).

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Old 09-29-2011, 12:09 PM #68
the commander
G.I. Joe Freak

-->
the commander is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to the commander Send a message via MSN to the commander

the commander well i just like cobra commander. I was kind of the unofficial leader of my group of friends sometimes.

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny.
(> <)
Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:10 AM #69
vespapilot79
Veteran

-->
vespapilot79 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to vespapilot79

Vespapilot79 .. I have a 1979 Vespa P200 which im the P.I.C. Im a civ/recreational pilot as well.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 AM #70
80s Child
Veteran

-->
80s Child is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
Vespapilot79 .. I have a 1979 Vespa P200 which im the P.I.C. Im a civ/recreational pilot as well.

I just googled 1979 Vespa P200 - isn't that what Mikey Teutel drives from American Chopper?