User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 PM #11
Outrider
It's been a great ride!

-->
Outrider is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Outrider Send a message via Yahoo to Outrider

This was another of the early issues that I thought was pretty solid. I haven't read it for a long time so I'm pretty hazy on the details, but like most everyone else the thing I remember clearly from this issue is the notes that Snake Eyes made!

Re:
Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 AM #12
BADBLUDD
Veteran

-->
BADBLUDD is on a distinguished road -->
Default Re:

Somebody said it earlier that it was neat to see the Joes fighting someone other than Cobra. It wasn't until Special Missions that the Joes were actually shown diversifying bad guys that were not related to Cobra. I liked Issue #4, I think it gave some different aspect to the Joes. I also liked how Devil's Due brought him out of the attic, so to speak.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 AM #13
Self-Modifier
Crossover King Emeritus

-->
Self-Modifier is on a distinguished road -->

I notice that everyone likes this issue for the fact that Joes weren't fighting Cobra-- Something that I, too, appreciate. However, just last year, Larry Hama himself gave Wingfield some sort of Cobra connection in G.I. Joe Declassified. He was seen sitting in a room with a bunch of Cobra's allies and financial backers.

...Of course, it's entirely possible (and even probable) that Hama didn't write Wingfield into the script, since he had no lines, and that Devil's Due editorial screwed around with the art to create a connection where one was never intended.

is on indefinite hiatus...

Old 01-31-2007, 06:06 PM #14
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

This was a great issue. Snake-Eyes' humorous notepad insight gives a little view into the mind of the mystery man.

On a completely seperate note, did anyone ever consider making a custom Wingfield? My son received the comic 3 pack as a gift, and I remember thinking if someone took Grunt's "cranberry" uniform and swapped on one of Wild Bill's many headsculpts (one of the ones with him as bald, with sunglasses), you might have the start for a decent Wingfield. Someone might need to be artsy for the mustache though....

I'm not messing with my son's. If anyone has done it, or takes my idea and runs with it, please post it and PM me. Just some random thoughts!!

Thanks!