Greetings!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 PM #121
fled74
The Burninator

-->
fled74 is on a distinguished road -->
Default Greetings!

Hi all,

Fled here signing in from Melbourne, Australia. 36 years old and still obsessed with toys, much to my wife's chagrin. My older daughter doesn't care, as long as she gets to play with Cover Girl and the Baroness.
I've been a longtime visitor here, drawing inspiration from all the great photos you guys have posted, and I finally decided to sign up yesterday.

I had 3 Joes growing up - Tunnel Rat and 2 Cobra troopers - which occupied every second of my childhood days. I liked Transformers too, but the toys were too expensive, so it was Joe all the way. I lost interest in them when I entered my teens, and my mother gave them away.

For the last 5 years I've been into 1/6 scale action figures, but my interest in 1/18 Joes was rekindled after the Rise of Cobra movie. I'm one of the few people who liked it - I bought the DVD and watch it once in a while.
Since then I've been building up my 1/18 collection and I've done a few customs which I hope to share with you soon.

The pickings are rather slim here in Australia - the few available figures are way overpriced, and the ones on sale are usually all gone before I get there. EvilBay has been my friend.

Last edited by fled74 : 03-09-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Long winded autobiography
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM #122
acmillerjr
Veteran

-->
acmillerjr is on a distinguished road -->
Post Long winded autobiography

Hello everyone,
I have just recently joined though I have been a fan of all of your pictures for a while. I'm Tony, a 33 year old high school English teacher in Buffalo NY. I have been a Joe fan since childhood. In fact, I feel sad that kids today don't have the types of entertainment we 80's kids had. I always loved Joes because there were so many, and they were so much cheaper than just about anything else (K-Mart $2.97, Shipwreck was my first buy). My parents didn't have much cash, but Joes were in the budget. I never really had many vehicles or bases, just Joes. Really, what more do you need? Long story short, I was sickened to find that most of my Joes from my childhood were displaced. In the 90's, I had a nostalgic attack and I went through flea market mania to restore (pre ebay) my collection. I always said to myself as an adult with a salary that if they ever re released the Joe line, I would buy everything I saw. That's where we are. I am nuts about the 25th and ROC line. I have 2 sets of just about everything. 1 opened, 1 closed. Yes I have the vehicles too. I have always been unto modeling (HO trains) with scenery and mountains, but Joe dios have always been a passion. I try my hand with customs as well (Footloose, Dial tone, Cover Girl). I have a Joe diostory in the works. It's called "the search for Alpine" and the Joes are on it. Ironically that is my story too. He is the only figure I want and don't have.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:02 AM #123
SIC DETH
frozn 4 awhile

-->
SIC DETH is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmillerjr
I have a Joe diostory in the works. It's called "the search for Alpine" and the Joes are on it. Ironically that is my story too. He is the only figure I want and don't have.

Welcome!!! You can find Alpine you just have to be willing to pay the price. lol

Whos Da Masta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXSWI0oWHg

Old 03-16-2011, 05:12 AM #124
dancontrino
That guy

-->
dancontrino is on a distinguished road -->

Welcome Miller and Fled!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM #125
Danish Dude
Veteran

-->
Danish Dude is on a distinguished road -->

Hello everyone! I'm Nekoman's older brother. I have recently started taking photos after Neko left me with the camera a few times.

I typically go by the name of "Nagato-san" on the internet, but I let Nekoman set the account up, so he bequeathed me the name "Danish Dude" while I wasn't looking. :P

Pleasure to met you guys
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM #126
joetijuana

-->
joetijuana is on a distinguished road -->
Default Pleasure to met you guys

Joe Tijuana

Marlon Sanchez

Ive been collecting joes seriously for about 10 years, I stopped for a couple of years due to a bad divorce

getting back in the swing of things little by little, I love dioramas and my passion is building playsets and customizing them for my joes

I love the 1983 to 2000 collection the most

I do like some of the new ones, Im missing quite a lot if anybody wants to take a chance on a newbie and cut me a good deal on stuff Im in the market so to speak.

I live in Tijuana Mexico, but Im a citizen of both Mexico and the USA

I love to post pictures so be on the look out for my stuff

Cheers !!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM #127
seyms
Not Enough Time

-->
seyms is on a distinguished road -->

Welcome to JoeDios folks!!

Francesco, here!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM #128
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Francesco, here!

My name is Francesco, 33 years from Naples (Napoli) Italy.
I'm a lawyer.
Me and my girlfriend collect joes on ebay since 2006.
I buy Joes since 1986!
I'm moderator with Snakeeyes ( http://www.joedios.com/forum/showth...02&page=6&pp=10 ) of the http://www.gijoeitalia.com/public/forum/index.php !
YO JOE!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 PM #129
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers

-->
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Rambo

Bienvenido cuate Tijuana! Espero que hables español.

HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD

Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM #130
joetijuana

-->
joetijuana is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Bienvenido cuate Tijuana! Espero que hables español.

gracias bro y A HUEVO !!! que hablo espanol hehehe