PDA

View Full Version : I Kind of Like that G.I. Joe's on a Break *gasp*

DaveCW2
08-11-2017, 09:14 PM
It's okay, it's okay. I'll explain.

I used to have a good-sized 25th Anniversary collection, but I ended up selling it because I was starting a new business and needed the money.

When I think back to that old collection, there were a lotta duds. Don't get me wrong, there were some really cool figures too, but I was clearly collecting just to collect. Now, thanks to the lull and lack of "newness," I can look at past figures and be a whole lot more selective.

After getting the 1985 figures in Modern Era form, of course. Because there are a few duds in there, too :eek:

So, how about you? Are you enjoying the hiatus? And if so, why?

Have fun, all!

vespapilot79
08-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Im pretty happy there is not much going on right now.Money is tight since im currently in the middle of a custody battle. 😖There are a few kickstarters I want to back,but cannot do that either.I can say I have a little saved up for a few new figures,but thats about it.So yes,I am glad there is a pause in sales.

Lava Boss
08-12-2017, 08:06 AM
I don't really buy modern, doesn't affect me much. I like to see what's going on, so now things are boring.

Also, I've no money to spare for toy collecting besides cheap stuff.

neapolitan joe
08-12-2017, 05:11 PM
...because I have money to spend for Transformers "Generations", "Combiner wars" and "Titan returns".

GoCards
08-12-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm using this time to re-equip my figures with Marauder gear.

Crimson Pilot
08-13-2017, 07:58 AM
I am just focusing on WW2 stuff now since I lucked out with a local source lately. I have to be select with G.I. Joe purchases as they are a bit pricey and not easy to come by anyway.

Dr. Phibes
08-13-2017, 09:11 AM
I haven't bought anything since the 2nd movie. Been mtf since they did their 1st Kickstarter. I kinda have everything I want /need for my stories.

vespapilot79
08-13-2017, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Crimson Pilot]I am just focusing on WW2 stuff now since I lucked out with a local source lately. I have to be select with G.I. Joe purchases as they are a bit pricey and not easy to come by anyway.[/QUOTE]
You saw that Marauders is coming out with WWII figures??Im going to try to make the Howling Commandos!Pretty excited for them!

TwoOneEight
08-13-2017, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=vespapilot79]You saw that Marauders is coming out with WWII figures??Im going to try to make the Howling Commandos!Pretty excited for them![/QUOTE]

I'm looking to make a Rat Patrol. :D :D :D

Crimson Pilot
08-14-2017, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]I'm looking to make a Rat Patrol. :D :D :D [/QUOTE]

That would be cool. Need to get some jeeps too. Also a German convoy to keep blowing up.

TwoOneEight
08-14-2017, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Crimson Pilot]That would be cool. Need to get some jeeps too. Also a German convoy to keep blowing up.[/QUOTE]

Winter is coming. Big Lots will begin carrying PTE Jeeps again soon.

gijoeiwasthere
08-14-2017, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]Winter is coming. Big Lots will begin carrying PTE Jeeps again soon. [/QUOTE]

sure as $#!+ hope so! Humvees Too! ;)

GoCards
08-19-2017, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]Winter is coming. Big Lots will begin carrying PTE Jeeps again soon. [/QUOTE]
Forget those. have you seen that Quonset hut playset they've got.

TwoOneEight
08-19-2017, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=GoCards]Forget those. have you seen that Quonset hut playset they've got.[/QUOTE]

YASSS! Unfortunately, they're keeping it in China. It costs $135 to get one shipped here. They get you on shipping. It's like $70+/-. People have asked if those Huts will be available at Big Lots soon. They keep coming up with lame excuses about distributing.

:mad: :mad: :mad: