PDA

View Full Version : 3 photo posts per day limit

troopsofdoom
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM
JoeDios has a three photo posts per day (24 hours) limit. It was created to give every member an equal opportunity to be on the front page, not to limit anyone's creativity.

I hate removing photos. If I do, I always PM the member and tell them about the trick to get around the limit. That way everyone can post an unlimited amount of pics per day and never have them removed. Example:
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=46075&c=7

If you're unfamiliar with the trick, this is how you do it:

1. Make a regular photo post on JoeDios.
2. Post additional pics to a photo sharing site like Flikr or Photobucket.
3. Find the share/links button, copy the IMG code.
4. Paste the IMG code into the quick reply on JoeDios.

Before exceeding the limit, take a moment to think about your fellow JoeDios members. When someone exceeds the limit, it pushes another member's photos off the front page, and everyone deserves to have their time showcased on the front page.

Please read JoeDios' rules and regulations here:
http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4413

roguetiger
12-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Only problem I see with this is that there is NO posting of theses rules on the front page and not everyone will go to the forum to read them... It needs to have a sticky or a link on the front page that says JoeDios RULES and REGULATIONS where people can read it as they come to the site... is there any way that can be done?

elmobfaelnar15
12-07-2013, 12:21 AM
how do you know that the 24 hr limit has expired?i do know that i usually post at midnight so i know ive reached the 24 hr rule

troopsofdoom
12-07-2013, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]Only problem I see with this is that there is NO posting of theses rules on the front page and not everyone will go to the forum to read them... It needs to have a sticky or a link on the front page that says JoeDios RULES and REGULATIONS where people can read it as they come to the site... is there any way that can be done?[/QUOTE]
I agree, it's a good idea. Hopefully Hammerfel will consider it.

troopsofdoom
12-07-2013, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=elmobfaelnar15]how do you know that the 24 hr limit has expired?i do know that i usually post at midnight so i know ive reached the 24 hr rule[/QUOTE]
Check the last photo you posted. Located at the bottom left corner of the pic is the date and time of when it was uploaded. If you posted three photos, your new 24 hour period starts then.

neapolitan joe
12-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Ditto.