PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Inc Kickstarter.....

roguetiger
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Saw this posted on Facebook so thought I'd share it here......
[QUOTE=MarauderJohn]Hey! Thanks for all the countless emails & multiple posts about the items we should release! Your enthusiasm for new item candidates and "painted" items was amazing! The tremendous number of responses just brought to our attention the HUGE demand you all have for "more" items. We're a very small company and satsifying your requests would be very difficult to accomplish. We want to make as many of your requested items available as soon as possible. So, with that objective in mind, we decided to launch a "kickstarter" project on the kickstarter.com website. If you're not familiar with Kickstarter, it is a way to get projects launched with the help of those interested in supporting the project. Featuring several rewards & incentives to meet and possibly surpass project funding goals via ever increasing items for those that participate in the project. An opportunity for us to get you, our supporters, involved in the project AND reward you for your support. View it as a large scale "presale" event for the next 10 "new" items, with the possibility of the release expanding from 10 intial items into almost a hundred new sculpts & new painted items. We selected some of the most requested items for the initial 10 items and for the "stretch" add on items. We hope you will all check out our project proposal on the kickstarter.com website and hopefully consider supporting the project. The more of our fellow collectors that participate in the project, the more items we'll be able to release AND the MORE items you all get at NO ADDITIONAL cost. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-gr-a-new-era-of-figure-and-gaming-miniatu If you decide to participate in the project, we hope you'll help us spread the word about the project and help make this project a success! Again, as always, thank you for your support! MJ[/QUOTE]

neapolitan joe
09-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Thank You!

roguetiger
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
something else to think about...........

[quote=Marauder_John][quote=pluv]That is a great point. Nobody gets charged until the goal is met.[/quote]

Yes, that is another reason we decided to do the "Pre-Order" project on the Kickstarter site. If we don't hit the goal, NO ONE is charged. If we do hit the goal, there is also a potential "Huge" upside if we hit some of the stretch goals. Hitting the stretch goals just means MORE items are added to the Pirate Hoard & Double Hoard levels at NO ADDITIONAL costs to the contributors. So the $100 Pirate Hoard level is already $140 worth of items, but if we hit the stretch goals the value of the items in the package could total almost $400....all for ONLY the original $100 contribution.

Thanks again for your support and consideration!
MJ[/quote]

Reverend Blood
09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I love my marauder weapons, and I've single-handedly thrown a few hundred dollars his way, so please don't take this in the negative (like my review of AA-12 frustration). But it kinda frightens me on the price point of painted weapons when a set of 10 is at the $30(ish) price point, and the $100 backer level only includes 40 weapons. I understand that it has the potential to become more, but series 6 is $13 and comes with 9 rifles, 2 pistols, and enough accessories to have a total count of 33 items. I know the blue test shots are included and will never be available at retail. And I'll probably end up kicking myself in the ass for not getting in on the kickstarter while I can, and I would love to say I helped chip $100 toward my favorite third party supplier, but I can't justify the price based simply on what I've bought from him in the past.

roguetiger
10-21-2012, 02:12 PM
3 days to go and need some more help!!! I only WISH I could give money but when your jobless and no money this is the only way to help is to remind people about it.

roguetiger
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
And the goal has been reached!!

neapolitan joe
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Great news!
:)