PDA

View Full Version : hey I think we need a new category on here

savage21
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I think we should make another section for 12in GI Joes because there are not to many now 12in GI Joe collectors/photographers I know I collect and take pics with them and I know they are starting to become somewhat popular. What u guys think?

neapolitan joe
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Too much categories imo.

Nekoman
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I also think there's enough or too many categories, not to sound mean or anything. ;)

Rambo
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I see your point but your pics will be moved to the Collections sections by the janitor.

TwoOneEight
04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Rambo]I see your point but your pics will be moved to the Collections sections by the janitor.[/QUOTE]

1) Be good to each other. You can agree, you can disagree, and you can agree to disagree but don't get personal about it. We're all friends here, and we're all fans so let's just leave it at that.

2) Swearing is not allowed in any post in the forums or when replying to pictures. This includes the description area of your picture(s). IF your picture and/or dio has swearing, fine. Please keep in mind that we wish this to be a PG/PG13 sort of site. If you have a ton of swearing in a dio, please try and post a warning as a courtesy.

3) Absolutely no sniping and personal attacks on any member. If there is a problem between board members, take it somewhere else.

4) Blatant trolling. I'll be blunt on this one-- I don't care if you post links to features/reviews/dios/etc at other sites. What I do care about are people who only pop up to promote their site and don't otherwise contribute to the community in any way. This is "trolling for traffic" and I think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do. If you want to post links to your own sites/customs/work/etc, that's great and I encourage it! However, just don't show up to promote yourself and then leave.

5) Enjoy yourself. It’s a place to share stories and images w/ people who have the same interest. It’s great that we have a place like this.

The "order of battle" for disciplinary action around here.

If anyone is found consistently and intentionally violating the spirit of the rules above, the following steps will be taken:

1) Written warning. Either via email or PM you'll be hearing from me with one of those "Cut the crap!" messages. Hopefully this will be enough-- otherwise we move to...

2) Banning. I've seen too many boards grow "out of control" because some people can't remember to respect others. I won't tolerate that here-- ever. Anyone who consistently decides that they can do whatever they want will have to do so elsewhere.

BTW…

If you feel the need to disrespect other board members, make blatant insults, etc, your posts are subject to a bit of an edit. However, you'll know the reasons for the edit and everyone will be able to see that the post has been altered.

By the by...

You want a 1-way ticket to getting banned w/ no warnings?

1. Steal pics from another site, post them here and say they are yours.

It's one thing to post your own stuff. It's another thing to post someone's stuff with their permission. (ie; hosting pics on your own account and posting it for the public) But taking a pic from another site and posting 'em, that's a no-no no matter where you're from.

2. Racism in any form.

and

comments on pics should ALWAYS be honest and polite...........if you find something that looks a bit 'off', a 'gentle' suggestion should be offered. Nothing like 'that pic sucks' or 'I hate that it's stupid' or along those lines.......

Don't sell yourself short on your own pics either! Let's be honest, YOU should know if a picture is 'decent'.......look at it this way, are you proud of what you did? Or are you doing it so you can say to your friends 'look what I crapped out and took a picture of!'? Time and patience will show through your pics all by themselves. And if you get frustrated, don't be afraid to ASK!

Now I don't expect everyone to be able to take the same level of pics, it depends on so many things....camera, speed, surroundings, theme and the most important part........each individual!! Again, it all boils down to each person taking pride in what they are doing..........I mean it is your name attached to each shot!

So, take time and have patience...and just follow your mother's advice 'be respectful'...everyone can benefit from something and you'll be churning out brillant work in no time!!!

And

Some of the newer folks might NOT remember this particular ruling, but the JD has a 3-picture posting limit.

Either space 'em out or if you are trying to tell a story, sometimes it's best to host the shots yourself and make a post in the forum. I am deleting random shots if you are over the 3-shots in a row limit. Please try and let others post too.

savage21
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Ok I take that as a no LOL ;)

TwoOneEight
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Too much categories imo.[/QUOTE]

1) Be good to each other. You can agree, you can disagree, and you can agree to disagree but don't get personal about it. We're all friends here, and we're all fans so let's just leave it at that.

2) Swearing is not allowed in any post in the forums or when replying to pictures. This includes the description area of your picture(s). IF your picture and/or dio has swearing, fine. Please keep in mind that we wish this to be a PG/PG13 sort of site. If you have a ton of swearing in a dio, please try and post a warning as a courtesy.

3) Absolutely no sniping and personal attacks on any member. If there is a problem between board members, take it somewhere else.

4) Blatant trolling. I'll be blunt on this one-- I don't care if you post links to features/reviews/dios/etc at other sites. What I do care about are people who only pop up to promote their site and don't otherwise contribute to the community in any way. This is "trolling for traffic" and I think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do. If you want to post links to your own sites/customs/work/etc, that's great and I encourage it! However, just don't show up to promote yourself and then leave.

5) Enjoy yourself. It’s a place to share stories and images w/ people who have the same interest. It’s great that we have a place like this.

If anyone is found consistently and intentionally violating the spirit of the rules above, the following steps will be taken:

1) Written warning. Either via email or PM you'll be hearing from me with one of those "Cut the crap!" messages. Hopefully this will be enough-- otherwise we move to...

2) Banning. I've seen too many boards grow "out of control" because some people can't remember to respect others. I won't tolerate that here-- ever. Anyone who consistently decides that they can do whatever they want will have to do so elsewhere.

BTW…

If you feel the need to disrespect other board members, make blatant insults, etc, your posts are subject to a bit of an edit. However, you'll know the reasons for the edit and everyone will be able to see that the post has been altered.

By the by...

It's one thing to post your own stuff. It's another thing to post someone's stuff with their permission. (ie; hosting pics on your own account and posting it for the public) But taking a pic from another site and posting 'em, that's a no-no no matter where you're from.

2. Racism in any form.

and

comments on pics should ALWAYS be honest and polite...........if you find something that looks a bit 'off', a 'gentle' suggestion should be offered. Nothing like 'that pic sucks' or 'I hate that it's stupid' or along those lines.......

Don't sell yourself short on your own pics either! Let's be honest, YOU should know if a picture is 'decent'.......look at it this way, are you proud of what you did? Or are you doing it so you can say to your friends 'look what I crapped out and took a picture of!'? Time and patience will show through your pics all by themselves. And if you get frustrated, don't be afraid to ASK!

Now I don't expect everyone to be able to take the same level of pics, it depends on so many things....camera, speed, surroundings, theme and the most important part........each individual!! Again, it all boils down to each person taking pride in what they are doing..........I mean it is your name attached to each shot!

So, take time and have patience...and just follow your mother's advice 'be respectful'...everyone can benefit from something and you'll be churning out brillant work in no time!!!

And

Some of the newer folks might NOT remember this particular ruling, but the JD has a 3-picture posting limit.

Either space 'em out or if you are trying to tell a story, sometimes it's best to host the shots yourself and make a post in the forum. I am deleting random shots if you are over the 3-shots in a row limit. Please try and let others post too.

savage21
04-03-2012, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]There are two categories we can do away with, no one has really posted in them...

the one titled San Diego Comic Con 2010
and The Outrider Challenge.

Take those two off, we can make room for one category, GI Joe Classic (12")
:)

...[/QUOTE]
I dont know the Outrider one should stay only cuz thats a tribute to a great dio maker from what I hear I didnt know him but i hear he was a great guy. The other one maybe could go or just be archived but im not a mod so take my opinion with a grain of salt LOL

The BATman
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Huh. We have a "San Diego Comic-con 2010" category. I didn't know that.

Anyway, I would think that the Photos section is just fine for 12" Joes. Or the Collections section, if it's not a dio.

recondo martin
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=The BATman]Huh. We have a "San Diego Comic-con 2010" category. I didn't know that.

Anyway, I would think that the Photos section is just fine for 12" Joes. Or the Collections section, if it's not a dio.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice, but...
yeah I think the photo section is still the right place for the 12 inch Joe pics. For there are not enough members posting 12 inch Joes for a special 12 inch cat. maybe in the future...when more 12 inch fans arrive ...
The Outrider category should forever stay ! the San Diego c c can go !

savage21
04-04-2012, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=recondo martin]It would be nice, but...
yeah I think the photo section is still the right place for the 12 inch Joe pics. For there are not enough members posting 12 inch Joes for a special 12 inch cat. maybe in the future...when more 12 inch fans arrive ...
The Outrider category should forever stay ! the San Diego c c can go ![/QUOTE]

I agree

TwoOneEight
04-04-2012, 03:47 PM

BTW…

By the by...

2. Racism in any form.

and

And

Nekoman
04-04-2012, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]Guys, I got nothing against Outrider. To this day, one of his pics will pop up and just blow me away. But the Outrider Challenge was for other users to try and match or recreate his pics as tribute. No one has done that in a while.

Those who knew him well have long since gone. Either left on their own or have been forced out. They have moved on to Flickr, etc. But they still remember him, as well we all do. If anything, let's reserve like maybe an Outrider Gallery.

I'm all for 12" Joe category, there was another user who had a lot of 12" Joe pics. Gramps, if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember seeing pics of his awesome collection. Hope he's still around.

So, to recap:

1) I mean no disrespect to Outrider.
2) Take off San Diego Comic Con 2010 Category
3) Take off The Outrider Challenge Category
4) Put in a 12" Joe Category
5) Stop treating Collections like a trash bin.
6) Have fun. This is a hobby, SMILE! HAVE FUN!

.....[/QUOTE]

Well, the main reason I figure no one uses it is probably because it's hard to access from the homepage. Regardless I think the idea of getting rid of a tribute to Craig like that is a little disrespectful, honestly.

Also, there's still quite a few of us who remember Outrider here. Flatline, Scarrviper, Dreadnok Dread, Da Talent (he's just been busy lately), Falcon C, Cyko, myself and plenty of others. Less active but we still lurk, and we still remember our dear friend greatly.

There's only too many categories on the front-page. The hidden one's are of no one's hindrance. I guess we could have a 12" inch section in that area, but it'd be kind of redundant since no one would see it, and probably no one would use it like the Outrider section, which no one can find.

As for Collections... I think it's fine the way it's being used. Admittedly there's a few shots I found strange being in there, but for the most part our janitor's are doing a pretty good job. Really, the photos or ARAH sections shouldn't get slogged down with sub-par pictures like that. Or, maybe as an alternative we shouldn't use the collections section like that and should just delete photos from members if they aren't of a certain quality?

Not being a prick, but whenever someone posts a pic on Joedios, someone else pays the bandwidth they used.

troopsofdoom
04-04-2012, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Nekoman]As for Collections... I think it's fine the way it's being used. Admittedly there's a few shots I found strange being in there, but for the most part our janitor's are doing a pretty good job. Really, the photos or ARAH sections shouldn't get slogged down with sub-par pictures like that. Or, maybe as an alternative we shouldn't use the collections section like that and should just delete photos from members if they aren't of a certain quality?[/QUOTE]
Some people post pics in Collections that could go elsewhere, but I guess technically any toy pic could qualify as part of your collection, so I don't move them. The ARAH and Photos category should be focused on creative pics but I'm not nit-picky about the Collections category.

Dreadnok Dread
04-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Outrider will never be forgotten! I think we dont need a 12 inch section. if there arent more than atleast 5 people shooting that category then we dont need it. I find it insulting to even think of removing craigs section. I honestly cant find it half of the time myself to post. He will never be forgotten, he will always be. To get rid of his section for Bs is stupid. Even if you didnt mean any disrespect he made and inspired all the great dio graphers on here. All the others should study him maybe there picture s would actually get better. By the way maybe if the pictures were actual quality like lets say four years ago us "outrider" followers would tend to come through joedios more. Maybe if people cared and posted on peoples shots that actually tried and not on the new roc crap or what ever that just got released people would care more. But that's just my wrong opinion. ;) were all having fun I just take my fun seriously.

recondo martin
04-05-2012, 02:42 AM
My opinion is to honour Outrider with a special gallery/category with only his and all his pics. He was and his pics are a very big inspiration, an example for all of us.

neapolitan joe
04-05-2012, 07:18 AM
As I wrote months and years before I think this site is too dispersive, not only for a newbie.
I'd unify COLLECTIONS and DIORAMAS in a new section: Collections & Dioramas ;
REVIEWS and FILES in a new section: Reviews & Files ;
PHOTOS and A REAL AMERICAN HERO in a new section: Photos .
We'll have only 3 sections and the images in the front page'd be bigger, more attractive.
12 inch pics'd be posted everywhere.
Outrider's section'd never moved or touched.
Neapolitan Joe.

temedoro15
04-05-2012, 08:55 AM
what about using the keywords when someone post a pic of a 12" figure? they could use 12", 12in, 12 inches, 1/6, 1:6 as tags, that way if someone wants to see pics of those joes, he just have to search it by the keywords.

neapolitan joe
04-05-2012, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=temedoro15]what about using the keywords when someone post a pic of a 12" figure? they could use 12", 12in, 12 inches, 1/6, 1:6 as tags, that way if someone wants to see pics of those joes, he just have to search it by the keywords.[/QUOTE]

Clever Idea!

savage21
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=temedoro15]what about using the keywords when someone post a pic of a 12" figure? they could use 12", 12in, 12 inches, 1/6, 1:6 as tags, that way if someone wants to see pics of those joes, he just have to search it by the keywords.[/QUOTE]
I like this idea It makes me happy (basically just want to be able to find 12in pics easier and kinda thought it might make the photo section more organized but that just an opinion LOL) but we should make sure that everyone is "onboard" and actually have either the person who took the picture or the picture Mod go in or allow people to go in to tag the pictures.

troopsofdoom
04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=savage21]I like this idea It makes me happy (basically just want to be able to find 12in pics easier and kinda thought it might make the photo section more organized but that just an opinion LOL) but we should make sure that everyone is "onboard" and actually have either the person who took the picture or the picture Mod go in or allow people to go in to tag the pictures.[/QUOTE]
Anyone who want's a keyword added to old photos, just post a request and a link in the Photo Mod thread and I'll take care of it.
http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4648

savage21
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]Anyone who want's a keyword added to old photos, just post a request and a link in the Photo Mod thread and I'll take care of it.
http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4648[/QUOTE]
ok cool thx:)