PDA

View Full Version : New building idea for dio builders

roguetiger
11-25-2011, 03:39 PM
parrish posted this over on both JoeCustoms and Small Scale HQ

http://www.floracraft.com/products/styrofoam/kits/project-bricks/

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25861

Pre-made bricks supposedly found at Micheals as well.

snakeling
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Ive seen those bricks used here, I have some myself but the dog got to my building. Need to get back on that.

M1General
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Sweet thanks for the info! :D

TwoOneEight
11-25-2011, 05:52 PM
:)
wholly molly!
thanks for that info!
headin' out to michael's now...

seyms
11-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Looks really useful!

roguetiger
11-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I like the way the building looks on that small scale HQ site pic but NOT the stairs on the side of the building....just ruins the look to me.. Now if he put something to hide that the steps aren't all the way down or even cut them in half it'd look a lot better.

Goldbug
11-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Meh they are made out of styrofoam which really isn't ideal to me.

roguetiger
11-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Also was mentioned it was found in Hobby Lobby as well...

savage21
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]Meh they are made out of styrofoam which really isn't ideal to me.[/QUOTE]
isn't styrofoam bad for GI Joes health? I heard it discolors them is that true?

Goldbug
11-26-2011, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=savage21]isn't styrofoam bad for GI Joes health? I heard it discolors them is that true?[/QUOTE]
Haven't heard that before.
It is tough to paint. Plus if you are doing a dio outside with it you better hope it isn't windy.

savage21
11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]Haven't heard that before.
It is tough to paint. Plus if you are doing a dio outside with it you better hope it isn't windy.[/QUOTE]
I read it on the F.R.I.D.G.E document on yojoe.com

roguetiger
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
saw these at Wal-Mart the other day......if no one has a Micheals or Hobby Lobby around.

Renegade
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Ah yes, they are good. In fact, it was used here in my latest diorama if you want to see. Right here. (http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=41708&c=6)

My brother picked them up at I think a Micheals shop, he got the red ones. When we wanted to make something we stuck a piece of a toothpick in between the adjoining blocks and then glued them together with Elmer's glue. The wind isn't a big problem if you have something to hold them up or make the walls reinforced. They are REALLY light and tend to fall even while shooting; at least with us, since the walls we made for the sewers aren't really reinforced. I put books on the other side of the walls to hold them up. They look good however.

My brother and I made a few separate walls and a sewer tunnel. They can be shot one way, then can be reconfigured with another wall against another hallway. I'm about to spray paint them grey to give them a more urban feel.

I've had them put together for over a month and they're still holding. I would definitely recommend them.

Renegade
09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Also, you can put holes in them, tear them apart, paint them, and have a custom bomb blasted structure if you want. Very handy and very cheap.