PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on GI Joe: Resolute sets?

giTom
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Everybody starting to get their Resolute sets? So what do you think of them?

I've got a quick review posted on my blog - Reasonably Intelligent Rambling (http://reasonablyintelligentrambling.blogspot.com/2010/07/quick-gi-joe-resolute-review.html).

I'll be updating RIR (http://reasonablyintelligentrambling.blogspot.com/) with additional posts over the coming days with a little more on my thoughts on the specific characters.

Stop by for a visit! :D

Hammerfel
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I think the link to the Joes pic is broken. I wanted to get a closer look. :)

giTom
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]I think the link to the Joes pic is broken. I wanted to get a closer look. :)[/QUOTE]

I think I've got it fixed!

rds13601
07-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I like them alot. They are different from what I saw in photographs earlier. They are cooler. However, I don't like the cartoon where Zartan and Storm Shadow get killed off. Killing major players like these two is just plain stupid.

pbarny1701
07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Quite honestly, 2 years too late and packed with characters who are/were already available. It isn't a total failure on Hasbro's part (who can forsee an economic downturn as bad as it was), but the longer it was held back the more Resolute faded from sight and memory. Who was packed in is more Hasbro's fault. Really, characters release as singles or available in store exclusives? Failure.

General Scarlett
07-27-2010, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=pbarny1701]Quite honestly, 2 years too late and packed with characters who are/were already available. It isn't a total failure on Hasbro's part (who can forsee an economic downturn as bad as it was), but the longer it was held back the more Resolute faded from sight and memory. Who was packed in is more Hasbro's fault. Really, characters release as singles or available in store exclusives? Failure.[/QUOTE]

I have to semi-agree. Getting yet ANOTHER CC, Roadblock and SE (among them) is really a bit of a waste. The Duke figure is cool (mainly because I like to take 'snow' pics), but I'd have rather had him in his normal uniform. The paint apps are alright, but not as good as they *should* be, especially since we had to wait so long for the sets.

But all in all, when I pre-ordered them BEFORE the Con, I was excited to get them...and I still am ;)

sithviper
07-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Are they supposed to be avilaible at retail stores?

Hammerfel
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
LOVE the Alley Viper. Disappointed in Scarlett and Baroness for the same 2 reasons: color palette and giant heads.

I like this "knife on the shoulder" thing, since that's where I carry mine while hiking. As long as they're removable. I don't think Scarlett's is.

General Scarlett
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
No, Scarlett's isn't....which is a headscratcher to me....but then again, I'm getting used to Scarlett being shuffled to the misfit figure bin by Hasbro-its been going on for nearly 30 years, why change things now?? :rolleyes:

turner
07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't like reimaginings and I don't approve of the cartoon with profanity and killings. That said, I dig these sets, the joe one really. They have some close similarities to the ddp designs.

MightyMegs
07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I love the look of all the figures... but I got a bad batch with my set. My Firefly is missing BOTH eyes, Scarlett is missing one. Duke's eyes are just messed up. And most of the figures were pushed into their trays with their feet pointing straight-up... so all their ankles are loose, and they fall over easily. I thought a few days out of the tray would fix the problem, but they are all still mega-loose.

troopsofdoom
07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
JOES

Snake Eyes: One of his best versions.

Beach Head: Kind of plain but somehow I really like it.

Duke: Yet another lame Duke figure forced on us. We didn't need a second Siberian Duke (his third Resolute figure) with so many other characters that could have been made. A proper Dial Tone figure would have been more welcome.

Flint: Kind of plain, not bad but doesn't do anything for me.

Scarlett: Big head but I still like her.

Roadblock: The most badass version of Roadblock yet. I really like the head-sculpt.

Stalker: Great figure but the long hair is just a bad idea.

COBRA

Zartan: Best version ever.

Alley-Viper: Great figure. I think he would work better as a Blue-shirt but that's a very minor gripe.

Destro: I like the look except for the Cobra logo.

Baroness: Doesn't look anything like her Resolute appearance. Big head too. I have a vague recollection of the pre-production model being a lot better. The biggest letdown of the two sets.

Cobra Commander: Repeat. Waste of space.

Storm Shadow: Plain.

Firefly: Not bad but he has a number of better versions already.

rds13601
07-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Orderd wave 1 set online. They come indiviually wrapped.