PDA

View Full Version : Continue or skip?

Raven
06-27-2006, 02:53 AM
K, so I've hit a crossroads(Well a T junction to be precise) in my dios, With the current story line. I don't like what I've been doing, and especially in recebt(unreleased) stories, it's becomming so convulted and I'm finding it less fun as I have to try and stick with a course to achieve the ending, which in reality won't make sense. Reading over them some parts work, but the dependence on previous issue's plotlines goes against why I decided to do a comic issue format.
However the stories after the main one shall be fresh with no constraints that a major story arc provides. And with them I can have free reign as most of the characters haven't had any real media portrayle (Basically restarting G.I. Joe with new blood as the olders have gone on to greener pastuers).

So here's the question, should I carry on with the main story, or should I skip to the "one year later" thing and just fill in what's gone on before?

Blowtorch
06-27-2006, 04:14 AM
My honest opinion I would go with what you think is best.
I'm currently working on a dio story that started out going in one direction, but now has gone a different route. Think of it as rewritting a script for a movie. You start off with one idea then in turns into something different. If you go with the one year later idea use "flash backs" to fill in what may have been miss. Another idea and I use this alot (God bless my wife and kids for putting up with this) I have them read the rough draft and get their opinion and suggestions. It's amazing some of the ideas they come up with. In either case I hope this helps and good luck.

Moto-viper
06-28-2006, 04:18 AM
If you don't have fun doing it, you won't want to do it, so nothing will get done and you won't get to the parts you sound like you are looking forward too. If the plot set up is just to get to the fun stuff, a short 'montage' issue to cover what passes in that year could be the best of both worlds.

Raven
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I am going to stop and do the "one year later" thing, but use a series of one page stories to bridge the gap. "What happened to Snake-Eyes", "Who won out of Serpentor and CC" etc.

Then come July/August... new comic... new Joe team.