Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum > How-To
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2006, 01:17 PM #11
Buckwheat826
Veteran

-->
Buckwheat826 is on a distinguished road -->

Very clear. Thanks for the info. The moon effect definitely works. Your bridge is superb! Can't wait to see some battle pics with maybe some Hiss tanks trying to cross or something. I wish I had the talent.

Good stuff!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:03 PM #12
ender098
Veteran

-->
ender098 will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via MSN to ender098 Send a message via Yahoo to ender098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer
Love using the lights. I have those same lights in my project bin for use as an exhaust lighting for a power plant. I'm also using the white two LED lights on a customized attack vehicle I'm working on. The use of the UV in a night scene never occured to me and I'm looking forward to duplicating your effect in some of my night scenes. By the way, the Bailey bridge rocks!!! In scale is the bridge a one lane or two lane?

The Bailey is a one lane bridge. It was used by the US and British Armies until the 1990's. With the new emphasis on mobility on the battlefield, it has been superceeded by the Medium Girder Bridge, which is faster to erect and considered a "temporary" bridge vice the Bailey's "Semi Permanant" nature. The Bailey also cannot handle the weight of an M1 Abrahms unless you take it up to "Double-Double" configuration or higher, and still the weight of the tank tears apart the decking (chess). Baileys are still used in humanitarian service in countries hit by natural disasters needing bridges being built or replaced, but they now fall on the Army Corps of Engineers I believe! In combat, the MGB rules and the Bailey is a throwback to the great wars, but it is a beautiful piece of engineering. It's creator, Sir Donald Bailey was Knighted for his invention! Mine is an actual scale model used by the US Army and it was sent to a Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service, where someone bought it as scrap and sold it to me on ebay!

I have two other model bridges. I have a Pontoon Treadway and a LTR (Light Tactical Raft) which uses canoe like pontons (NOT inflatable Pontoons like the Treadway) and can be a section of a bridge or by having outboard motors attached, it can be used as a raft to ferry vehciles and equipment. Both are former military scale models used to train Army Combat Engineers when weather or safety conditions would not allow them to work on the REAL bridges!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailey_Bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Girder_Bridge

All this and an education, too! :O

Old 11-07-2006, 09:57 AM #13
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Oh sure, dont' show us how to build these things OR show us the other bridges. I'd love to see the pontoon!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 AM #14
ender098
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
Oh sure, dont' show us how to build these things OR show us the other bridges. I'd love to see the pontoon!

I'm at the Staff academy in Camp Pendleton Ca. When I go home this weekend, I'll break out my new camrea nad get you all some really bitchin shots of all three bridges I have! I might set them up in my living room or my backyard and take some pics with figures....

As far as building them, do you mean how to manufacture the parts? Or how the parts go together? I didn't manufacture them, I bought them. They are old models created by the Army to train Combat engineers. If you wanna know how to assemble them;

http://www.military-info.com/MPHOTO/p021a.htm

FM 5-277

Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 PM #15
Blowtorch
Banned

-->
Blowtorch is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Blowtorch Send a message via Yahoo to Blowtorch

Wow

That was the best tutorial I've evr read. The finished product is just too frickin awesome. Great job.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 AM #16
silencer
Veteran

-->
silencer is on a distinguished road -->

Whaaahhh! That bridge! You are very lucky! Mind-blowing dio prop!

Old 11-10-2006, 08:59 PM #17
ender098
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer
Whaaahhh! That bridge! You are very lucky! Mind-blowing dio prop!

Yeah, but now that I got it in my Garage, It's harder than hell to move!

Bridging?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:03 AM #18
NemesisEnforcerFan
Veteran

-->
NemesisEnforcerFan is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to NemesisEnforcerFan
Default Bridging?

Ok so who in the joe team would be responsible for bridging?, Is Tollbooth the only one capable for military construction?
I still don't have that figure complete.. he's on my target list though. awesome bridge btw.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:48 PM #19
ender098
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcerFan
Ok so who in the joe team would be responsible for bridging?, Is Tollbooth the only one capable for military construction?
I still don't have that figure complete.. he's on my target list though. awesome bridge btw.

Tunnel Rat..he's a combat Engineer. All Combat Engineers are trained in basic Bridging techniques. And Zap. hmmm...who else is a Combat engineer?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 AM #20
Gatilho
Obsessive Collector

-->
Gatilho is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via ICQ to Gatilho Send a message via MSN to Gatilho

Very nice man! Thanks for the tips!