Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 PM #21
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
fifthconspiracy is on a distinguished road -->
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephron13
Out of this world, my friend. Come on, you're setting the bar way too high here!

Who me? Naw! I'm experimenting right in front of your eyes! But it is fun to do, so thanks for showing me some "sugar" baby... and you better cut down on the "pillow-talk" cause peeps are gonna get the wrong idea here ;-)

Quote:
I absolutely love it! The foliage looks amazing. I am picturing a sweet shot of Storm Shadow leaping down from the ledge, sword drawn, as Snake Eyes looks up at him, pushing his accompanying teammate out of the way, his own sword at the ready.

You read my fricken mind!!! A little crouching tiger, hidden cobra never killed anyone... or maybe it did, but whatever. I'll try rigg'n up some pics tomorrow night for wire-fighting! Woot!

Quote:
Well, at least I've a better idea of how I want to pursue my own outer perimeter. Thanks man! I'll be staring at these all night...no work for me, haha. Well, I am at work, but I will be way too distracted to do any!

Yeah, I'm totally pro-tall-grass action. It works wonders and looks crazy delicious in photos... would be great with a fence in-front of it for awesome perspective and realism.

I have no idea what you do for insane shift-work, but please no operating of heavy machinery... cause I don't want to be responsible for any dismemberments.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:11 PM #22
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->
Sephron13 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Sephron13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthconspiracy
Who me? Naw! I'm experimenting right in front of your eyes! But it is fun to do, so thanks for showing me some "sugar" baby... and you better cut down on the "pillow-talk" cause peeps are gonna get the wrong idea here ;-)

Hmm, it's a trick...get an axe.

Quote:
You read my fricken mind!!! A little crouching tiger, hidden cobra never killed anyone... or maybe it did, but whatever. I'll try rigg'n up some pics tomorrow night for wire-fighting! Woot!

Excellent! I shall be looking forward to that!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm totally pro-tall-grass action. It works wonders and looks crazy delicious in photos... would be great with a fence in-front of it for awesome perspective and realism.

I have no idea what you do for insane shift-work, but please no operating of heavy machinery... cause I don't want to be responsible for any dismemberments.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Like I said, Friday, shopping spree at Michael's! I intend on working pretty hardcore on my set this weekend. I'd like to focus primarily on the building itself, the exterior anyway, but with all of this awesome work being shown off, it'll be damn difficult to not start on the interior and on the perimeter. *sigh*

I work for a teleradiology company, so it's all computer stuff, dealing with radiologists and various clients that send us x-rays, MRI's, cat-scans, etc. It's interesting and I enjoy it. I'm the shift supervisor, so, look at me, abusing my position for the greater Joe good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyed
I gotta say, for an ole lady, she's got it going on!

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Cobra!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:39 PM #23
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Talking Crouching Tiger, Hidden Cobra!

Here's a snapshot of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Cobra"...

Storm Shadow makes a surprise leap off the rock ledge, swords drawn, ready to slice the Silent Master...

Here's a slightly different perspective... which one do you prefer?

I'll take a few more shots to demonstrate the aura of this diorama ;-)

Damn I love these figures... my own personal time machine...

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Firefight on the beaches of Cobra Island
Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 PM #24
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Cool Firefight on the beaches of Cobra Island

Here is a firefight action scene between Beachhead and Firefly on the beaches of Cobra Island...

Firefly jumps out of the bush, dual hand-guns poppin fresh. Beachhead jumps backwards into the tall grass, squeezing the trigger on his rifle.... he takes a slug in the torso.

As Beachhead falls backwards, his trigger finger is frozen solid - bullets scream from his automatic rifle...

Poetry in motion folks, Shakespear should be alive today. Here's some John-woo-tang-clantastic action!

I'm liking this diorama more and more as I take pictures and setup situations.

Muzzle Flashes - I suck at them. The ones you see above took a friggen' half-hour! I added the bullet-time motion thingies at the end for that added effect.

FYI - I used wires to suspend the figures in their poses. See if you can spot them!

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Last edited by fifthconspiracy : 02-21-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 AM #25
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->

Very YES my friend! All of those shots are freakin' awesome! I'm in love with them. I believe I shall ask my fiance if it is ok if I marry them instead!! Seriously, flawless. Your muzzle-flashes are very well done, and the bullet-trails are cool. I can't see the wires at all! This set is a piece of art. I hope you and your son are very proud of it. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Old 02-22-2008, 04:11 AM #26
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

Excellent set! Judging from the timestamps on this thread, do you guys ever sleep? Or do you just eat, sleep, and live dios? It's okay by me, but I need to sleep every now and again...

This set is cool, versatile for multiple dios, and can be used to tell a variety of stories. Well done, and kudos to you for sharing!

Hum....Dinger!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 AM #27
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Red face Hum....Dinger!

Quote:
Very YES my friend! All of those shots are freakin' awesome! I'm in love with them. I believe I shall ask my fiance if it is ok if I marry them instead!! Seriously, flawless. Your muzzle-flashes are very well done, and the bullet-trails are cool. I can't see the wires at all! This set is a piece of art. I hope you and your son are very proud of it. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your deep love and devotion... I now pronouce you and these photos man and wife... but I think you're getting the shaft in this deal really... after all I don't think these photos will "put-out" perse. I know she(photos) looks hot, and there's that unquencing lust, but believe me - I'd stick with your flesh-and-blood woman counterpart... at the very least your real fiance will touch your nether-regions, which is tops in my books.

You can love your toys, just don't lllooooooovvveeeee your toys; if you catch my drift.

I find the muzzle flashes hard to get them to completely integrate into the photo... they still look pasted on. Then again, there's shadowing and light being thrown around that you have to emulate - so it's hard to make it all happen inside an hour with photoshop. I'm sure some folks here have better methods.

I took these pics after my son went to bed, so this morning I showed him and he was pumped. He wants to do a dio story using powerpoint (as he's familiar with that app) and our photos.

Anywho, back to work!

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:54 AM #28
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->

Quote:
Thank you for your deep love and devotion... I now pronouce you and these photos man and wife... but I think you're getting the shaft in this deal really... after all I don't think these photos will "put-out" perse. I know she(photos) looks hot, and there's that unquencing lust, but believe me - I'd stick with your flesh-and-blood woman counterpart... at the very least your real fiance will touch your nether-regions, which is tops in my books.

You can love your toys, just don't lllooooooovvveeeee your toys; if you catch my drift.

I find the muzzle flashes hard to get them to completely integrate into the photo... they still look pasted on. Then again, there's shadowing and light being thrown around that you have to emulate - so it's hard to make it all happen inside an hour with photoshop. I'm sure some folks here have better methods.

I took these pics after my son went to bed, so this morning I showed him and he was pumped. He wants to do a dio story using powerpoint (as he's familiar with that app) and our photos.

Anywho, back to work!

Cheers! ~ Paul.

I was wondering if, when all is said and done, and several sweet sets were built, if you guys were going to do a dio-story. You've a penchant for the written word, that's for certain, so it'd be very interesting to see what kind of a story you guys can come up with. Plus, the shack would look great in the same setting as this rockface/trees area. Give it some thought.

I just got back from Michaels and Walmart. I have me some equipment! After a small nap, I'm going to get started. Maybe pics tomorrow morning (back to work tonight, afterall) of the progress. and then after that...KABOOM!!!!! I hope to be done with the exterior!

Quote:

Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM #29
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->

Quote:
I just got back from Michaels and Walmart. I have me some equipment! After a small nap, I'm going to get started. Maybe pics tomorrow morning (back to work tonight, afterall) of the progress. and then after that...KABOOM!!!!! I hope to be done with the exterior!

Stop typing and start workin' G! Take that beauty nap and get crack'n!

Can't wait for your building to have some exterior details!

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Face-Off at Cobra Island
Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 PM #30
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Thumbs up Face-Off at Cobra Island

Here's some more pics with this diorama... it's just made for action from the back section - that's right - we be body rockin' folks.

Go to the bathroom and grab a drink and snacks... then sit back and enjoy!

Firstly, let's start off slow

The Baroness leaps from a tree, determined to use her overly large paring knife to gut Gung Ho from stem to stern. Aaaaaaaaggghhhhh! For the unrequited love of Destro!!!

Now let's turn it up a notch

A lone Cobra Trooper out on patrol realizes 1 second too late that he's in a situation he no longer controls. Fate plays out in agonizing slow-motion...

Grab a tissue as we approach climax

Bullets dance across the air as Duke pulls moves that can only be described as ninjistic... that's right folks I just created a word, I have the technology...

Almost at the top - full speed ahead

The mind detaches from the central nervous system - reaction takes over ~ fight or fright ~ rounds pop from the barrel... the mind wanders, wonders why I ate that can of spam a half-hour ago.

We climax and it is a beautiful euphoria

There is no gravity, no air ~ Duke shuts down his senses, stops breathing and in between heart-beats lets the shot fly to it's target... he's taught it well... Direct hit. Direct hit.

This joe will live to fight another day.

We're done - clean up.

Cheers! ~ Paul.