So as a summary.
1. Select your chosen character and 3-4 images. You can search google or any search engine for your chosen character.
2. Next open up a photo editing program and select a base size for your signature. Usually you'll have a max setting for forums and bulletin boards. You should check this complies with the rules as each forum has different settings.
3. Once your happy with the image size. Select a good background colour for your character. Usually a good military green for joes or a blue or deep red for cobra's.
4. Minimize your background window and open up the images your going to use in the signature one by one.
5. Go through each image and resize it so it will fit comfortably within your signature window. Copy and Paste each one into your signature window.
6. Use the MOVE tool on your photo software to swap and change the locations until you end up with a layout that you prefer.
7. Finally edit in using the TEXT tool and shape tools the colours and text you want. This could be a brief message from the characters filecard or something you thought of yourself for the guy to say.
Tips to remember:
1.When copying and pasting images onto the background don't just stick with the first idea. Get as creative as you want and as creative as your program allows.
2.You can get great images from fan sites and search engines like google.
3. If your basing your signature from a joe character then use the characters MOC filecard image and copy and paste it.. this looks really good when you remove the rest of the bubble and card. Leaving the card art as work for your signature.
4. Back to images. If your first attempt at resizing doesn't merge so well with the background and the other images delete the layer your working with and reload it again as a fresh layer.
5. Remember to save your edited images seperately at first attempt. This way the originals wont be damaged and you can redo them if you make a mistake. Store them on a temp folder in your documents for the time being until your certain that you wont need them.
Above all Have fun!! Be creative and lets see those funky stylish new signatures!