Password

Decals
Old 07-02-2006, 08:55 PM #1
CanadianTimber

-->
CanadianTimber is on a distinguished road -->
Default Decals

Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this. I have played around with dios in the past under different themes, but have been out of the loop for years. I am interested in getting back into dio building and have been SLOWLY working on accumulating parts and pieces.

Alas, there is one critical incredient I seem to be missing and was hoping for some advice.

I want to use the cobra symbol EN MASSE. I have a couple vehicles I have been customizing and as steady as my hand is, I can't hand paint a good cobra symbol (especially not when it gets to a size smaller than a quarter).

BUT, I am sure I would struggle just as much with larger symbols which I will also need.

SO,

How do you make/paint/print/create cobra symbols to attach to vehicles and dios.

I have thought of clear plastic sticker material and printing them out, but then the sticker will be both reflective and will cover details in the plastic. Also, I don't have a printer, and so would need a Kinko's or some such (Office depot and Staples said their printers were too hot and would melt the plastic adhesive)

I have thought of a stencil. but can't conceive of how to make one (or many for different sizes).

Help please.
Thanks.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:20 PM #2
Outrider
It's been a great ride!

-->
Outrider is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Outrider Send a message via Yahoo to Outrider

The best place I have found for Cobra decals is reprolabels.com. They sell a sheet of about 50 Cobra sigils of various colours and sizes for a reasonable price (can't remember exactly how much). I have used them on all my custom Cobra vehicles (and even on figures with the small stickers!) and they are as good as the original Hasbro plastic sheet stickers.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 AM #3
CanadianTimber

-->
CanadianTimber is on a distinguished road -->

Cool,
That sticker sheet looks like it might just do the trick. How big is the largest sticker?

And I guess I'm still left wondering, do these stickers kill underlying details? If I were to put the sticker over a mesh grating will it be CLEARLY visible that it's a sticker? or will it blend alright?

Anyone know of other ways to apply the cobra sigil that I haven't thought of? Is there a good template? or trick to making them by hand?

Old 07-03-2006, 11:45 AM #4
Outrider
It's been a great ride!

-->
Outrider is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Outrider Send a message via Yahoo to Outrider

The largest ones are big enough for large vehicle markings and the clarity of the plastic is as good as, if not better than Hasbro stickers.