Home Made StarGate.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:17 PM #1
ender098
Veteran

-->
ender098 will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via MSN to ender098 Send a message via Yahoo to ender098
Default Home Made StarGate.

Ok, here's the deal. I wanted to get a Stargate compatable with my 3.75" Joes. I looked for an affordable alternative that had the correct size, but finally decided to try to make my own. I want it to be like the Stargate in the movie and show, but I don't want THAT stargate. I want the same Concept. An alien porthole that can transport you from one to another, same shape, but looks different and not tied to the Stargate universe!

I looked for a sturdy material. I started looking for Wood and metal at Lowes and Home Depot. But with no luck! I even went to Michaels. The only thing I found was a Styrofoam Wreath. I remembered I had a large assortment of Stryofoam at home, so I could build a base from that! But I don't know how I'm going to paint it! (Paint usually melts styrofoam!) Anyway, this is what I have so far;

I pinned it together with dowels from WalMArt. Then I went to coat it with DAS. (my intention is let it harden, sand and paint it to look like Stone or a weird Alien Material..but one step at a time......);

I decided to coat it to coat it with DAS Clay. I had to work fast and pinch it off and stick it together in small pieces;

Last edited by ender098 : 01-13-2007 at 12:24 PM.