Password

Kapow!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 AM #31
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
fifthconspiracy is on a distinguished road -->
Thumbs up Kapow!

Here we go. Sexy like starburst on the morning train. Now it's lookin like something. I'm liking the roof design, and the sandpaper/tarpaper look on the rooftop is ingenious. Brilliant idea. Who said that teleradiologists were uncreative misanthropes? Not me my friend.... not me.

Are you going gravel for the floor, or a dirt?

The corners - where the walls meet each other - on the exterior I'm talking... you need a flashing or something to cover that up. You could put two sticks together to create a 90 degree piece and stick it on... that's my only constructive comment. Is that clear what I just said? Or do you need me to hold your hand like a small child, chapter and verse per se?

Looking fantabulously good Skot. The whole thing is coming together like a supposedly secret videotaping of a Gene Simmons drunken orgy.

Congrats.

Paul.
(your Canadian brother to the north and way, way, way west)

Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 AM #32
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->
Sephron13 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Sephron13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthconspiracy
Here we go. Sexy like starburst on the morning train. Now it's lookin like something. I'm liking the roof design, and the sandpaper/tarpaper look on the rooftop is ingenious. Brilliant idea. Who said that teleradiologists were uncreative misanthropes? Not me my friend.... not me.

Are you going gravel for the floor, or a dirt?

The corners - where the walls meet each other - on the exterior I'm talking... you need a flashing or something to cover that up. You could put two sticks together to create a 90 degree piece and stick it on... that's my only constructive comment. Is that clear what I just said? Or do you need me to hold your hand like a small child, chapter and verse per se?

Looking fantabulously good Skot. The whole thing is coming together like a supposedly secret videotaping of a Gene Simmons drunken orgy.

Congrats.

Paul.
(your Canadian brother to the north and way, way, way west)

Brother man, if by "floor" you mean the ground outside, then a dirt/grassy type. The floor INSIDE the building is going to be woodslats, unstained, just plain ol' wood slats.

As for the corners of the buildings, don't you worry your silly little head, my good man, I've got that "covered", so to speak (un petit peu tongue-in-cheek).

I just finished "wallpapering" the backwall, and painting the borders up (a real sick Hunter Green, god it's sexy). I'm going to wait for those to dry a bit and glue 'em on and then post a pic of it. Then, put a fork in me, I'm done for a while (sleepy-sleep time for this big baby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyed
I gotta say, for an ole lady, she's got it going on!

Coolio!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM #33
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Thumbs up Coolio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephron13
Brother man, if by "floor" you mean the ground outside, then a dirt/grassy type. The floor INSIDE the building is going to be woodslats, unstained, just plain ol' wood slats.

As for the corners of the buildings, don't you worry your silly little head, my good man, I've got that "covered", so to speak (un petit peu tongue-in-cheek).

I just finished "wallpapering" the backwall, and painting the borders up (a real sick Hunter Green, god it's sexy). I'm going to wait for those to dry a bit and glue 'em on and then post a pic of it. Then, put a fork in me, I'm done for a while (sleepy-sleep time for this big baby).

Sounds good Skot - It's all looking really really good. I'll be showing my son when I get home from work today.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM #34
Tracker
Veteran

-->
Tracker is on a distinguished road -->

That darned impressive. I like how the roof is coming a long.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 AM #35
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->

Introducing, the finished back wall:

I dig it. I soooo can't wait to finish this bad boy!!! Now, there are aspects of crookedness, and in the future, when making a wall like this, I think I'm going to get some long, thin wood slats and just make sure they're cut to length and forego the popsickle sticks. I wanted to work with what I have, though. I still think it looks good and once I have items in the building, it won't be noticable.

YO JOE!!!

Quote:

Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 PM #36
haradrel
Resolute fanboi

-->
haradrel is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to haradrel

Fifth, sephron. When are you two getting married? (I'm kidding! someone had to say it! )

I'm loving how this is coming along nicely. I'll probably do a step by step over a weekend in the near future for a building/shack or whatever, but if I don't finish something in one or two settings it never gets done!
So Kudos to you sir(s) for sticking to it.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 PM #37
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Frak. amazing what you can do with cardboard. When i painted cardboard, you could see the ridges in it! I don't know how you do it, but dizzam...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 PM #38
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
Frak. amazing what you can do with cardboard. When i painted cardboard, you could see the ridges in it! I don't know how you do it, but dizzam...

G, I didn't paint the cardboard...that's printed out cardstock "wallpaper"...it's the "concrete" file from our very own file section!!

Quote:

Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 PM #39
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by haradrel
Fifth, sephron. When are you two getting married? (I'm kidding! someone had to say it! )

I'm loving how this is coming along nicely. I'll probably do a step by step over a weekend in the near future for a building/shack or whatever, but if I don't finish something in one or two settings it never gets done!
So Kudos to you sir(s) for sticking to it.

Haradrel... the true story is that Sephron proposed to me but I had to send him packing when I found out that he has a love-child in some woman's oven. Wasn't meant to be.

I will say however, forgetting about his recent infidelity... that his building here is coming along nicely.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 PM #40
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthconspiracy
Haradrel... the true story is that Sephron proposed to me but I had to send him packing when I found out that he has a love-child in some woman's oven. Wasn't meant to be.

I will say however, forgetting about his recent infidelity... that his building here is coming along nicely.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Thanks for airing our dirty laundry in public. How humiliating...

Quote: