Password

Two Story House
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 AM #1
Tracker
Veteran

-->
Tracker is on a distinguished road -->
Default Two Story House

I haven't taken any step by step photos because I'm not doing any thing different ,yet, than what's in fifthconspiracy how-to: Which is an awesome how-to thank you and your son.

Here are a few shot as promised. I am using fun foam for the window frames

Out side shot ( Stalker is moving to make sure Cobra doesn't take over the unfinished building. He's made sure to use a silencer on the gun.)

Inside shot (Cobra Commander say to his General: G.i. Joe will never suspect that we are using this unfinished house to stage my latest plan...Mu ha ha)

Close up of Stalker walking up the stairs (I was lucky and found a pattern for stairs on-line with a person in the picture for scale.

Just close up picture on the computer console I made to match the chairs that's available here. i haven't posted them yet, because I'm waiting for permission from the creator of the chairs. I use graphics from the chairs so the consoles would match. (Can you tell what's on the screen)

Last edited by Tracker : 02-19-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 AM #2
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->
Sephron13 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Sephron13

Hey man, that's pretty darn cool. I LOVE those stairs! Very nice job! I was wondering if you were going to post this or not, as you and fifth were discussing it in my posted pic earlier. I like where this is heading. What else do you plan on doing to it? How about the exterior, any ideas?

Great start! Please be sure with us as you move along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyed
I gotta say, for an ole lady, she's got it going on!

Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 AM #3
Tracker
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephron13
What else do you plan on doing to it? How about the exterior, any ideas?

Great start! Please be sure with us as you move along!

Thanks sorry i was a little late in posting pictures.

Unfortunately that's where I'm stuck. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the exterior. I am also cornered about lighting for the lower floor and debating on what I can do about it.

Last edited by Tracker : 02-19-2008 at 04:41 AM.

Wow! Shazbam!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 AM #4
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
fifthconspiracy is on a distinguished road -->
Thumbs up Wow! Shazbam!

Nice Structure! I like the windows, and that staircase! Wow, that's da bomb! That's gonna look great when it's done.

I see your dilemma on the lower level lighting issue. I'm guessing you didn't make the second storey removeable from the first... you could cut out a hole in the floor of the second storey, that is then removable and replaceable at will. Otherwise you will have no overhead light for taking pics on the first level.

Again, bravo on the stairs. Nice.

What exterior are you thinking for this building? My two bits - I'd do the first floor brick, and the top floor a different texture like wood planks. Or all Brick would look good. Regardless, I would suggest something protruding, like a ledge to seperate the exterior first and second floors.

Looks great Tracker! Thanks for posting. I think this is a first for joedios.com - 3 diorama how-to's simultaneously going down. Exciting stuff.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 AM #5
Tracker
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthconspiracy
Nice Structure! I like the windows, and that staircase! Wow, that's da bomb! That's gonna look great when it's done.

I see your dilemma on the lower level lighting issue. I'm guessing you didn't make the second storey removeable from the first... you could cut out a hole in the floor of the second storey, that is then removable and replaceable at will. Otherwise you will have no overhead light for taking pics on the first level.

Again, bravo on the stairs. Nice.

What exterior are you thinking for this building? My two bits - I'd do the first floor brick, and the top floor a different texture like wood planks. Or all Brick would look good. Regardless, I would suggest something protruding, like a ledge to seperate the exterior first and second floors.

Looks great Tracker! Thanks for posting. I think this is a first for joedios.com - 3 diorama how-to's simultaneously going down. Exciting stuff.

Cheers! ~ Paul.

It's all one piece... as far as the lighting; I am leaning toward cutting a whole in the floor and making so it can be cover up. I am also thinking of using the light defusing method that's in Sonneilon compound how-to; to make a ceiling light for the lower floor. It's not to late to try it at this point.

As for the exterior I'm still stuck on that. I would like to do brick for the whole thing, but that a lot of bricks to make. I want to do awnings over the door and windows, and possibly do a porch, but i not sure about the porch,

Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 AM #6
Tracker
Veteran

-->

Small update on the house.

I forgot to take build pictures of the ceiling light, but as you can see I cut a hole
in the floor of the second story and used fun foam to frame a ceiling light. I glued it together using tacky glue.

I plan to use a card stock carpet to cover up the hole when not using the
first floor. This carpet is too short ,but it shows what I want to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I covered the hole up for the next pictures.

Light with hole covered up.

Light with hole uncovered. I think the light with also be better when I have light shinning threw the windows.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM #7
haradrel
Resolute fanboi

-->
haradrel is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to haradrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker
(Can you tell what's on the screen)

The Stargate? Do I win a cookie?

Looks very promising!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:21 AM #8