5) Next, I sprayed the surface of the model with diluted PVA glue, and sprinkled the grass scatter over the glue-sprayed parts. I mixed together different shades of scatter, as real grass is more than on colour. Next I used fine ballast to create the road surface. Same as with the grass, I sprayed diluted PVA glue over where the road was going to be and sprinkled the ballast over the area. After it all dried overnight, I up-ended the model and gave it a gentle shake to lose the excess sprinkle. The excess could be saved for later.
6) I then added the excess to bits of coarse scatter here and there to highlight certain areas. By this time I was curious as to what an action figure looked like in the set. Here you can see an Ugha warrior on the grassy area.