View Single Post

Old 07-08-2017, 08:32 AM #58
Mike T.
Veteran

-->
Mike T. is on a distinguished road -->

I've never been privy to the behind the scenes drama around here. I'm not a clique person and generally do my own thing. (I didn't know any of this was going on until I saw the mods photo and remembered there is a forum here.)

To me, though, JD is really what's left of the community. There's no new toys and pretty much everything about the line is known. So, all we have left is our love of the line and photos are the best way to show that appreciation.

I've never understood why JD isn't more heavily trafficked. Last spring, there was the photo contest and tons of people started posting photos and comments. It was like old times. But, behind the scenes stuff then ran some of those guys off and it was back to a ghost town in no time. Why is that? I really don't know.

I'd like to see the vintage Joe section and photo sections merged. I hate the anniversary figures with a passion and feel they destroyed the hobby. But, it's been 10 years now and there's a lot of people who do amazing work with them. I know I don't go to that section just because it's not my focus. So, there's people there I don't see and who don't see me. I think merging that dichotomy would be a good first step towards unifying the community. It would give more exposure to everyone's work.

I don't want to see old drama drive anyone else away. It's amazing to see the same names from a decade ago still around and it's great to see brand new users start posting their work. Lots of us have been at this for a long time and we all appreciate new Joe content when there is so little out there anymore. It's tough to let old issues go. I still hate the club. But, I've gotten to a point where I can appreciate their product and generally not let them ruin the other parts of the hobby I do enjoy. Hopefully, we can do that here, too.