Outriders Dirty Little Tricks!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:47 PM #2
ender098
Veteran

-->
ender098 will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via MSN to ender098 Send a message via Yahoo to ender098
Default Outriders Dirty Little Tricks!

I started the post because of what outrider suggested to me a while back. When I decided to redo this, I ask him to contribute and here is his advice to me;

How to: Posing figures without figure stands.

This is a trick I have been using for a little while now, and several people have asked about it, so I’m happy to share it. It’s a very simple way to pose figures in almost any position (as long as the ground is able to be penetrated) without using figure stands. All you need is an unwanted wire coat hanger and a pair of wire cutters. Simply cut the coat hanger into approximately 5cm (2”) lengths (pic 1).

Luckily, most ordinary coat hangers seem to be made of a wire that is similar in diameter to the pegs on the figure stands (pic 2).

If it is a little thinner, all you need to do is wrap a couple of thicknesses of adhesive tape around one end to increase the diameter so it fits snugly in the figure’s foot hole.
All you need to do then is push the wire into the ground, leaving just enough of it protruding for your figure to stand on (pic 3).

You will find by pushing the wire into the ground at different angles, you can achieve almost any pose, even almost horizontal dives, etc, all with no visible means of support.
So there it is, virtually cost free and only requiring a few minutes of your time to make (obviously devised by a lazy b#stard like me)! Hopefully you can use this tip to take your pictures to the next level.