View Single Post

Custom Cobra Chinook - CH-46 Sea Knight
Old 04-08-2008, 05:52 PM #1
vader9900
To old to play with toys!

-->
vader9900 is on a distinguished road -->
Default Custom Cobra Chinook - CH-46 Sea Knight

I picked up this Chap Mei Chinook at TRU thanks to the praise of Flatline, Outrider & ender098. Everyone calls it a Chinook, but jjsvipers set us straight & let us know it is really a CH-46 Sea Knight. I like the sound of that - Sea Knight sounds like something Cobra would use. I do not normally use non-Hasbro/GI Joe vehicles, but this thing is huge, inexpensive, has great potential & Cobra needs a copter to match the Tomahawk.
I am not going to do any major mods to this thing, but to do what I needed to do I wanted smaller pieces to work with, so disassembly was step #1.

Taking it apart was simple, just remove all the screws, and there are alot of them. There are several different size screws & I made the mistake of not keeping them organized & just let them drop in my bucket as I removed them. This made reassembly a little more time consuming.
The next step was removing that huge horrible star off the side

I used Testors paint thinner, lucky it worked very well & no acetone was needed. I used a Q-tip to remove the paint with small amounts of thinner at a time. The copter is molded in black, so the grey camo is paint & I did not want to remove that, so the Q-tip worked perfect for a controlled removal of the unwanted paint. After the paint was removed, I used a leather chamois, to shine the spot up. Now you can not tell there was ever anything there, and it shines like the rest of the vehicle.

"It ain't about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit, how much you can take and keep moving forward - thats how winning is done!" Rocky Balboa