View Single Post

Eat DirT!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:42 PM #21
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
fifthconspiracy is on a distinguished road -->
Wink Eat DirT!!!

It is that time again... adding ground cover to the diorama.

We decided to use the copious amounts of woodland scenics ballast we currently have leftover from the previous diorama and apply it generously.

Below you will see the application process (the initial glue and sprinkle!). My son and I did the whole surface in about 10 minutes.

Here's some shots of figures standing on the dirt. It's dirty and they like it that way.

Claytastrophe! Again, I thought the clay was dry when I reapplied it the second time to the wall. I go away on business for a few days, come back and BAM! It shrank yet again. Next time I will let the clay dry for AT LEAST 1 WEEK prior to even doing anything with it. So now I have bigger cracks inbetween the stone blocks and in some of the above photos you'll see the sunshine glowing through the styrofoam support wall between the bricks. My plan is to cover up the back with black cardboard, to completely eliminate any light from getting in behind the diorama.

Here's a nice parting shot:

We've now sprayed the entire surface with our glue/water mixture, so it should be dry by late tomorrow.

Thanks again for your FRAK'n comments. Mucho appreciato!

Cheers! ~ Paul.