View Single Post

Onto the Interior! Moving Along Nicely!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:13 PM #15
fifthconspiracy
Smack-Talking Ninja

-->
fifthconspiracy is on a distinguished road -->
Default Onto the Interior! Moving Along Nicely!

For the interior, we decided to use wood slats (found at any hobby or craft store). After cutting them to fit the interior, we painted them with a nice tan color. Not much different than the natural plywood color, but adds a little something ~ and painting really brings out the grain in the wood. Glued them down to the floor, and snapped a few pieces for the area near the blow-out hole.

Here's a close-up of the installed and painted flooring. And for the walls, we went with 40lb textured blue-gray paper. Cut it to fit and glued it in. I'll cut another wood door frame and window frame to go on top of the paper. And we'll have baseboards in the room.

My son was dying to slap some Joes in there... Notice that I ripped up the paper around the blow-out hole. Looks good me thinks...

Another look at the outside. Finished the roof trim and touched up the paint on all joints. Nice rustic roof look eh?

Firefly entering the shack via the blow-out hole. Zingerlicious.

Zartan sneaks up to the front door.

Next.... uhm... we'll finish the interior. With the wood trim everywhere, paint it up nice and then make a door.

Project is moving along nicely. My son is enjoying it. He's painted pretty much everything you see. I'm the cutting and gluing side of the equation. We're both learning quite a bit while we do this.

Lots left to do! Anyways, until next time!

Cheers! ~ Paul.