View Single Post

Old 02-18-2008, 12:28 PM #7
Sephron13
Death from above!!

-->
Sephron13 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Sephron13

Here's where we were at when last we saw the Communications Station:

Duke decided we're making ledges/walls for the roof so his troops don't fall off. As you can see, he's cut up some 1.5" high pieces, using an X-acto, a 24" straight-edge, and a "cutting board" courtesy of Red Baron pizza (yummers).

After taping over all of the edges of the ledges (rhymey), we've temporarily secured them to the roof.

Hmm...judging from the noise on the roof, either Cobra is dropping in unexpectedly, or Flint decided to get fresh with Lady Jaye...unsuccessfully. As you can see, there are some gaps and off measurements on my part.

Flint and Duke discuss the finer points of romance while Snake Eyes wonders just who this "Red" is that Duke keeps using as his example... Anyway, I've gone ahead and lined up the roof with the building and temporarily secured them together to get a better idea of what the final product is going to look like. Keep in mind that both the roof and a cut-out section of the backwall is going to be removable to better enable pics from the inside.

I get a "WTF" from Flint because of the front ledge sticking out from the building. I think it works to my advantage, though and looks pretty good. Whatever, Flint!

YorkTown, thanks so much for your kind words. I'll try and make this as "How-To"-y as possible. I am having a blast doing it, so I think you and your boys will too. My goal is to make something that is a lot of fun to play with, but also looks cool in a dio as well (unlike most toy playsets).

I've decided to go with a foresty setting, as I'll be able to use this playset more often in the future and in different ways (maybe a 'Nok hideout, or a Cobra base, etc). Maybe more later...it's nap time now (I work third shift for a teleradiology company in Cleveland, OH). Keep the comments, suggestions, etc. coming, please. I can only get better, thanks to you guys, and that's the idea here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyed
I gotta say, for an ole lady, she's got it going on!