Thread: Shutter Speed
View Single Post

Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 PM #5
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Here's another 4 shots. When I shoot, I take multiple shots. The last two scenes I did had 65-67 shots EACH. When I go sort thru them, I might use anywhere between 6-20 shots. ie; one sequence was shot 65 times for 21 USUABLE shots.

The reason for doing many shots of the same angle is that I'm playing with shutter speed.

Oops, the speed was too slow. It let too much light in.

D'oh! Too dark!

Hey this looks ok! BUT in terms of a dio and doing things in an order, the walls MAY or MAY NOT be consistent in terms of color. While this can work, I won't notice the reddish tints until I look at the next frame.

So here, the walls look more gray as I want them to be. The rest of the scene, I try to make the walls VERY consistent. I can't go reddish one frame then gray the next then green then gray... Therefore, THIS shot will be the one I end up using. THIS part of the process is ONLY me sorting. The next step is to crop, resize, sharpen and then add effects. (like the green screens on the wall will be painted black and have some sort of text OR pictures).

So by no means am I a good fotographer. A real fotographer can probably get what they want in just a few shots. That's why the wonders of the digital camera era has made EVERYONE a fotographer! Cuz we can take a ton of shots, never run out of 'film', throw away what we don't like and in theory, show off the best stuff!