update
Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 PM #2
Urban Saboteur
Legendary Saboteur

-->
Urban Saboteur is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Urban Saboteur
Thumbs up update

Ok so we know of the materials. The Red Bricks I'm going to use to decorate the exterior of the bookshop. Inbetween the bricks i'm going to mortar/cement. The Fieldstone I'm going to use on the Insurance brokers, once it's on i'm either going to paint it white/grey or an offset creamish colour. I think they'll have a black door with a gold number on it.. with a classy sign on the side.
This is how the set currently looks

You'll notice I put up the family signs for the gunsmiths on the shop and i'm so hoping that the seller on ebay sells me those cabinets for inside the shop i think with those cabinets and some crates etc it would look very cool with a counter.

Finally a shot before the next Work in progress pictures.

Microman calling for help on the setbuild?? or is he callin for more supplies??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a brief update. I began placing bricks onto the bookstore last week, only recently i've noticed on the kitkit box i've been using, the barcode and data in black seem to be getting in the way, as a result it threw off some of the brickwork
It didn't look too bad, I was going to keep it, but then Boss Hogg shown up and wanted it re-doing (boss hogg is my alterior ego for wanting better) i do have the figure and could do a story on this alone.. but i have much more to do.

So.. I got thinking, I wanted the free kit kat box to use as my bookstore, but how could i effectively draw out with pencil or biro without it clashing with the data and barcode on the box? I was getting to this stage when I realised it would be an issue, Next time you have a free candy box with a barcode on try writing on the black bit with biro and you'll see what i mean.. (you cant tell the lines apart as they are the same colour).

So i stripped the bricks off and started again, Microman helped me paint the box white.. so effectively its like a sheet of white paper to draw the brick lines on.

Urban Saboteur Stories

Social Sites & Communities
Facebook
Flickr
Tweet Me