View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM #11
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Hey Joe head honchos! Got 3 questions for you and then some!

1. One of my favorite things about getting a new vehicle is the sticker sheet, especially for Cobra. Can you give some insight as to how the stickers are chosen, designed, and who decides where they should go? Some Cobra designs have what appears to be Cyrillic letters. Are they meaningful or random? Is there any chance you could include extra Cobra emblems on future sticker sheets? Over on JoeCustoms there has been a debate about what the 788 signifies on the original HISS. Is it the vehicles ID number? Is it the unit designation to which the vehicle is assigned? (I figured these fall under the same idea)

Hey Graham,
Here you go...
Thanks, we are glad you like the sticker sheets. The stickers are chosen
based on their relevance for the product and the storyline. We can
certainly look into adding more Cobra emblems on future packs. The
Cyrillic lettering was actually first introduced by some of the original
G.I. Joe designers as a type of 'villain' language. We try to include some
now to pay tribute to this. In most cases the numbers on vehicles
represent their ID number so they can be spotted in battle.

2. Considering the success of Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Mega Bloks Spider-Man and Mega Bloks HALO, has Hasbro given any consideration to reviving the Built To Rule toyline, using smaller figurines instead of regular Joe figures with brick connectors on their limbs?

We have no plans for this at the moment.

3. The cardboard dioramas that come in multipacks rock! Is there any way to have the designs and building instructions available on Hasbro's website, for those who missed out on the sets or could not afford them?

We're glad you like the dioramas. We are trying to introduce more to the
range going forward. We'll look into getting the designs and instructions
online. This is a great suggestion. Sorry we cannot help with your other
requests :-)

Just for the record, I tend to ask a few other personal requests/questions so that's what the latter means. What those are, you guys don't need to know other than I'm trying to make them laugh in the office.