Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM #5
haradrel
Resolute fanboi

-->
haradrel is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to haradrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthconspiracy
1. What type of paint and brand(s) do you suggest.

2. Where do I get these paints? There is a Games Workshop 15 mins from my house, would they have the necessary paint?

3. Varnish - can you give more details on what varnish to use?

Hey Paul!

I'll get right on those questions for ya.

1. I'll suggest any type of water based paint, why water based? because to me its easier to work with, won't be as thick, and its not dangerous to swallow (I stick the brushes in my mouth to strengthen/fix the tip to a point.)

2. Any hobbyshop worth its salt will have them. Personally I use Games Workshop paints (and they have neat names for all of their paints, so I could actually tell you the spesific hue of a red in a painting article - for example I used Blood Red for the main color in this article). They are also water based and non-toxic. You can literally swallow the stuff down like water with no ill effects! (a feat one of my friends tried.... So it works.).
Vallejo paints are also quite good.
I'm only naming what I know, I'm sure there are plenty of good brands out there, but if you can find a games workshop, then I'd say go for that, tried and tested and very good.

3. On the Varnishes I would again recommend a hobby store. Games Workshop has its own brand of either Spray on varnishes (Blank and matt) or paint on varnish (blank). I highly recommend these.
I haven't had much success with other brands, but again some trail and error will probably lead to a discovery of some great brands eventually!

Hope that helps mate, and good luck with the Maurader guns!