JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JoeDios Recall (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5125)

troopsofdoom 03-26-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyronin
Love posting here. Was inactive since 2013 but I personally like the gallery here and the like-minded people. I get that with Facebook as well but you get so many pics at once. It kinda desensitize you. I don't do Instagram because I have no celphone and Flickr, just don't feel like joining.

Yeah, the members here have been a lot of fun to share the hobby with. Only wish we could get more of them to return.

JoeDios is the best option for me. Facebook shrinks and compresses your photos. I have no interest at looking at badly cropped photos on tiny little screens, with Instagram. I used to like Flickr but they locked me out of my account, I assume because of inactivity.

scruffyronin 03-26-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopsofdoom

JoeDios is the best option for me. Facebook shrinks and compresses your photos. I have no interest at looking at badly cropped photos on tiny little screens...


Yeah, they do. Sucks bigtime.

Lava Boss 03-27-2020 11:59 AM

I fear Flickr is on its way to becoming a pay site since Smugmug took over.

Instagram always lowers the quality of my photos for some reason,maybe it's their size or that I'm using a PC not a moble device. It's frustrating.

ThinkTank 03-27-2020 12:10 PM

I haven't been on Facebook since 2017. I recommend disconnecting from it as soon as you can. I haven't been on Flickr for a while. I like that a lot of people were there posting, but it can be overwhelming with all the groups and galleries and various themes that compete for my time. It also seems that Flickr is where a lot of JD people went after the dust-up a few years ago, but they don't seem to be active anymore. Now would be a good time to get back into it, especially if you are sequestered at home, like me.



RTG- if you are out there, come back.

troopsofdoom 03-27-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
Instagram always lowers the quality of my photos for some reason,maybe it's their size or that I'm using a PC not a moble device. It's frustrating.
Social media expects people to be viewing everything on their little phone screens, plus shrinking and compressing photos saves bandwidth for them. They donít care about quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
It also seems that Flickr is where a lot of JD people went
Iím locked out of my account, but if anyone else is using Flickr, post a photo there and add a link to JoeDios, invite everyone to return.

gijoeiwasthere 03-28-2020 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopsofdoom
Social media expects people to be viewing everything on their little phone screens, plus shrinking and compressing photos saves bandwidth for them. They donít care about quality.

Iím locked out of my account, but if anyone else is using Flickr, post a photo there and add a link to JoeDios, invite everyone to return.


took a look at the Haters Group...dead since 2017

troopsofdoom 03-28-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
took a look at the Haters Group...dead since 2017

The Outrider group is still going and lots of others.

gijoeiwasthere 03-28-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopsofdoom
The Outrider group is still going and lots of others.


I didn't know

ThinkTank 03-28-2020 08:15 PM

i actually logged into Flickr today and requested to get in the Outrider group. I have a handful of O-rings and lots of vehicles.

troopsofdoom 03-31-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
i actually logged into Flickr today and requested to get in the Outrider group. I have a handful of O-rings and lots of vehicles.

A lot of great old JoeDios members in that group.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.