JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-To (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The interrogator shot! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292)

ender098 09-20-2006 09:46 PM

The interrogator shot!

Ok, here’s the 411 on how I did the Menacing interrogator shot:

First, the Idea! It came from LordRaven’s Pic with the interrogator.

LordRavens Masterpiece!

I wanted to show him shrouded in shadow. Sinister….Mysterious….Lethal. His Picture (LordRaven's) was all that, the only thing I could think of to improve the mood was seeing someone in his clutches. It’s like watching a spider. They are scary enough to me, but to see one trap and kill an insect is truly frightening. So I needed a suitable victim. I chose a Greenshirt. Who better to crack for info? A young, inexperienced Joe trainee makes a great victim.

Then I had to think, what would scare me if someone wanted info? A Scalpel, a scissor, bolt cutters, a hacksaw, a power drill and a sledge hammer. To round out the torture implements, I added a blowtorch and a batter re-charger and the obligatory defibulator, so when you flat line, we can bring you back for more fun. And of course, let’s add an IV to the victim. Nothing like a little more plasma to bleed out…..and a shot of adrenaline keep your victim going when all else fails. Handcuff the victim and set him in a chair, and throw the overhead light on!

To make the background give the illusion of an overhead light, I used paintshop pro to make a black background and paint a grey brick texture over it. I concentrated the gray in the center and layed off near the edges. I printed it out, and taped it to my background.

I set up my camera on the stand aiming at the subject, making sure to zoom in so you can’t see that the Background is a piece of paper taped up. I held the GI Flashlight over the pic with one hand and pushed the button on the cam with the other. To get the evil shadow on the wall behind Interrogator, I used an old lamp and put it on the ground behind the cam and slightly to the right.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Fisher 09-21-2006 06:58 AM

Those are some excellent accessory choices, may I inquire as to where you obtained them? I have seen a 1:18 garage set, so I assume that is where the torch and tanks and the battery re-charger came from, but the defibulator and other items?

ender098 09-21-2006 10:25 AM

Some, such as the Drill and hacksaw are from a Corps! construction set. The Sledge hammer and bolt cutters are from Power team elite sets from Big Lots! The IV bag, scalpel, scissors and defibulator are from a Chap Mei Rescue hero's set. The IV stand is from Playmobile, and as you said the blowtorch tank and battery charger is from a 1:18 scale garage diorama set I purchased. The table and chairs are from the Power Team elite headquarters. The handcuffs are from a Chap Mei Police set.

Hope that helped! :D :eek:

Rambo 09-26-2010 05:49 PM

I have enjoyed it.