JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-To (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How to make Gunfire and Tracer Fire! (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712)

ender098 03-22-2007 07:25 PM

How to make Gunfire and Tracer Fire!

Ok, how to make gunfire. WARNING!! I use Paint Shop Pro (the Poor man’s PhotoShop), Photoshop has the same functionality, I just don’t know the menu’s.
Start with a picture. Add a Raster Layer (Make sure it is Transparent).

Click the “spray Paint” and adjust using the “Tool Options Pallet”.

ender098 03-22-2007 07:28 PM

Choose your color using the color options pallet;

Paint a cone shaped yellow blot from the barrel of the rifle;

ender098 03-22-2007 07:28 PM

Change Colors and using white, make a smaller white color cone inside the yellow cone.

Using the layer options pallet, drop the transparency down to about 85% (that’s why you needed to paint this on its own layer. If it was on the picture, the shot and the picture would become more transparent!)

Now go to Effects> Blur> Gaussian Blur and using your own judgment blur your flash.

ender098 03-22-2007 07:29 PM

It shows you how the blurred image will look;

VIOLA! Gunfire!!!!

To make tracer fire, start at step 1 and do the steps over again, using red instead of yellow and white. Also, don’t drop the transparency of the layer. And increase or decrease the level of the Gaussian blur.

Cool?

ender098 03-22-2007 07:37 PM

do Not Forget To Save Your Picture!!!

Urban Saboteur 09-18-2007 05:35 PM

Help me with..

Ok.. wtf is a raster layer?

I want to learn how to do this for use in my next diorama. I can't find raster layer on photplus. :o
Help!!

Urban Saboteur 09-18-2007 07:30 PM

Actually...

Actually I still want to know what a raster layer is.. but I think I got this right for machine gunfire..
so what is Raster Layers? :o

ender098 09-19-2007 02:16 PM

Hmmm....Ok. A Vector layer makes a picture by registering points and connecting them. A Raster Layer makes a picture by creating a grid of points.

A better way of thinking about it is like a photo. A vector layer makes the picture like it is in a higher definition. As you increase the size, the photo loses none of it's clairty. A Vector Layer creates an image that is made of a few pixels and doesn't size well. As it increases in size, it becomes more and more jagged on the edges.

(I had to look that up! Basically Vector Layers are better for images like pictures, Raster Layers are better for lines and painting. )

Urban Saboteur 09-19-2007 02:58 PM

Hey Ender098!

Hey man,
Thanks for the explanation on that. I think I understand the layering thing. I done an example of machinegun fire. I think i got it done alright. Maybe I'll get better with some practice.. and more importantly feedback :)
Thanks again!
Rich

Flatline 09-19-2007 06:54 PM

SWEET ENDER THANKS FOR THE HEPLP :cool: