JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WELCOME ON JOEDIOS! Introduce Yourself (again!)? (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5076)

Meddatron 07-11-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
Fantastic! Thank you, dude! I'll pm you on FB.

Sounds good bro. That way I won't forget.

TwoOneEight 07-11-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddatron
Sounds good bro. That way I won't forget.

By the way, give my love to Lil Missy Sippy!

lehsreh 07-11-2017 08:40 PM

First I just want to say Raven, or Shane is telling lies. His underwear has no changed, I know people in Canada who tell the tales.

Second, great to be BACK! Hershel here from Kentucky. I was lurking on Joedios in 05 before joining in 06, I think. I loved what I saw here, so many great pics, so any great people, that I know better through Facebook, but it was the dio stories that really got me. Graham did some great dio stories, and still does them today, General Joe so, so many. These stories brought G.I. Joe back to life for me. this is a love I've had since I was 6 or 7, starting with the cartoons and getting into the action figures and comics. I hope to get back into doing dio stories again, as this year will be the 10th anniversary of my very first dio story which I plan on redoing.

So, great to be back on here, great to see others coming back, great to see others never left, great to have this site that brought me so much joy, and many people I consider friends.

Yo Smurf!

silentdusty 07-12-2017 01:44 PM

SilentDusty back again, I started on the Joe bandwagon back in 78 when I got the Adventure Team Rescue Copter which I played with until it literally fell apart. Then I was introduced to ARAH when I received the Colorforms for the new iteration of GI Joe, a few figures and vehicles followed, very few of both, I held onto them until I graduated from HS when my mom gave them away. Along came a very long hiatus until my bud Shane (Lord Raven/Raven's Return) started collecting again and I got the bug. I joined JoeDios in 06 and enjoyed for a few years. I have been away from here for quite awhile, lurked here and there a couple times a year. Good to be back! I admit GI Joe is not my primary focus anymore. Canadian retailers seemed to have little interest in carrying product after the first 50th run. I collect 1/64 diecast cars for the most part now. I did recently pick up some Joe stuff, though on the other hand I am also downsizing my collection going down to single vehicles, and figures. I am in the Air Force, and am currently in Cold Lake Alberta, at least for another year.

neapolitan joe 07-12-2017 06:05 PM

Welcome back!

Cold Lake Alberta...Brrrr!!! Cold!

Slipstream80 07-12-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdusty
SilentDusty back again, I started on the Joe bandwagon back in 78 when I got the Adventure Team Rescue Copter which I played with until it literally fell apart. Then I was introduced to ARAH when I received the Colorforms for the new iteration of GI Joe, a few figures and vehicles followed, very few of both, I held onto them until I graduated from HS when my mom gave them away. Along came a very long hiatus until my bud Shane (Lord Raven/Raven's Return) started collecting again and I got the bug. I joined JoeDios in 06 and enjoyed for a few years. I have been away from here for quite awhile, lurked here and there a couple times a year. Good to be back! I admit GI Joe is not my primary focus anymore. Canadian retailers seemed to have little interest in carrying product after the first 50th run. I collect 1/64 diecast cars for the most part now. I did recently pick up some Joe stuff, though on the other hand I am also downsizing my collection going down to single vehicles, and figures. I am in the Air Force, and am currently in Cold Lake Alberta, at least for another year.

I thought about joining Air Command when I was at UofT, but decided to try for a commission in the Queen's York Rangers instead. Didn't get it so I ended up in the USAF auxiliary.

ThinkTank 07-13-2017 11:56 AM

My name is Josh and I'm addicted to scale models. Gi Joe was my favorite toy as a kid because it was the most poseable action figure and they had the coolest guns and backpacks. My first was a straight arm Flash and I was 8 years old. You can do that math. Before that I had star wars and Sgt. Rock figures and tonka toys. I stopped playing with Joes around 14 years old (whenever BattleForce 2000 came out) to concentrate on not looking like a weird nerd. That didn't work out so well and I went cold turkey on toys until I saw the Modern Peacekeepers guard towers in 06 or whatever. Hooked. I bought 4 of them, all the vehicles and all the sets. I painted them and customized and accessorized. I made a big dirt fort out in the cotton field with my kid. Then they did the 25A set and thats all she wrote. I found JoeDios and I discovered the figures were a means to an end. The think I really like is making sets and constructs and populating them with good looking figures and taking pictures of them. I got fairly decent at it. Life changes and people pass and I wasn't so stressed at work and home anymore that I needed the escape of toy photography to stay sane. At this time, Wifey and I live in an RV while she follows her dream of travel nursing. We sold our house and gave most of our possessions away. Almost all of my toys are in storage and have been for almost 2 years. I have been building model cars, but Mad Max style, not shiny and new. I am working on Gundam models and plan on some dios with those. I have gotten into Maschinen Krieger (awesome models...Futuristic WW2 style armored suits and whatnot)

I have always lurked and wanted to comment more and take pics but I don't have the space and time like I used to. I'm working on it. I buy new figures when they come out if I like them. I go to thrift stores and toy stores often to find dio pieces and accessories. I'm still here and probably always will be.

DaveCW2 07-18-2017 09:13 PM

I'm DaveCW2 - Dave because I'm, well, Dave and CW2 because Flint's my favorite Joe.

I used to be on here quite a bit about eight or nine or *gasp* 10 years ago :eek: Then I got busy, started a business and had to sell a lot of stuff to keep it going. Now, I'm slowly building my collection back up, but keeping it focused on 1985-style Modern Era figs. That probably won't last long however, as there are too many cool figures outside of 1985-style Modern Era figures to ignore!

I can already hear the subdued screams of my wallet.

Anyway, I hope to be able to shoot pics with more regularity, and to be active on here again. I remember this being such a cool and helpful community back then, that I almost can't believe I stayed away for so long.

I musta been hanging out with Footloose :D

Have fun, all!

HK-47 07-19-2017 10:42 PM

Hello from Honduras

Hello Everyone,

My name is Norman and I am from Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I have been collecting since 1995. My primary collection is Star Wars then is G.I. Joe. For Joe's I collect mainly modern era figures and vehicles. Though I don't post much here, I am always at awe with the collections of the various members here and specially the dioramas and reviews.

I am also a member of a collectors cummunity in Honduras called Pichingueros International. Look us up on Facebook and give us a like.

neapolitan joe 07-20-2017 09:28 AM

Welcome!

Welcome back!