JoeDios.com Forums  

Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Are there any photo moderators on here anymore?
Old 12-17-2016, 11:31 AM #1
cmyaj

-->
cmyaj is on a distinguished road -->
Default Are there any photo moderators on here anymore?

Seriously, it's gotten out of hand.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:47 PM #2
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyaj
Seriously, it's gotten out of hand.

dude...what's the problem....what's bugging you? this is a nice pre and post FaceBook site...that still exists...Actually THE FIRST DIO Site! Totally Tell Us What Is Wrong Here!

Old 12-18-2016, 11:59 AM #3
ThinkTank
Unmasked

-->
ThinkTank is on a distinguished road -->

If you think it's a poor quality photo, post constructive criticism. They may be new to photography. If you think a photo doesn't belong in a category, then let them know in a positive manner. If you just want to complain about a lack of staff on a free (to you) website, volunteer yourself.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:39 PM #4
Nekoman
keyboard commando

-->
Nekoman is on a distinguished road -->

After looking around, I'd have to say things looks pretty good here for the moment.

Though, for what it's worth I don't think the site is actively moderated right now.

Star Wars Box | The Viper Pit

Old 12-19-2016, 06:30 PM #5
cmyaj

-->
cmyaj is on a distinguished road -->

Relax; I'm not looking to cause trouble. And I'm certainly not understanding where the tone of the comments above is coming from. I asked a question & made an observation, is all.

The photos in the ARAH, diorama & latest photo sections are awesome; I love them & I also love looking through the various member's folios & seeing the creativity on display. I'm talking about the Collections section; it's been turned into the Lanard/Look what I saw in the store section (looks like stuffed toys are making an appearance, as well); if anything else gets posted there, it quickly gets shoved down the pike.

My understanding was that this was a Joe site & that the bulk of the pictures posted were supposed to be Joe related, with a few from or featuring other lines acceptable. All I wanted to know was if there was still someone maintaining the site &, if so, is this the way that section of the site is going to be from here on; as I have more time, I'd considered posting some more of my collection photos, but there's no point if they'll just be shoved down the page beneath a slew of CORPS! pictures.

Sometimes, someone has to be "that guy" & say something. If saying something, though, is causing a problem, then I'll just go back to silently wondering.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 PM #6
Nekoman
keyboard commando

-->
Nekoman is on a distinguished road -->

Hey man, I see what you're talking about and it's certainly an issue. JD has no real moderation right now and that makes the board very vulnerable. I think everyone probably just looked at the photos section and got a little confused as to what you meant.

I'll be blunt and open: Battlewagon's facebook spam/random junk/selfies are annoying. The Collections section has been a garbage bin for awhile, but this is outright spam, which isn't good.

In any case, we need a mod here so things like this don't get out of hand. I'd willing to do the job if no one finds that objectionable.

Star Wars Box | The Viper Pit

Old 12-20-2016, 07:10 AM #7
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyaj
Relax; I'm not looking to cause trouble. And I'm certainly not understanding where the tone of the comments above is coming from. I asked a question & made an observation, is all.

The photos in the ARAH, diorama & latest photo sections are awesome; I love them & I also love looking through the various member's folios & seeing the creativity on display. I'm talking about the Collections section; it's been turned into the Lanard/Look what I saw in the store section (looks like stuffed toys are making an appearance, as well); if anything else gets posted there, it quickly gets shoved down the pike.

My understanding was that this was a Joe site & that the bulk of the pictures posted were supposed to be Joe related, with a few from or featuring other lines acceptable. All I wanted to know was if there was still someone maintaining the site &, if so, is this the way that section of the site is going to be from here on; as I have more time, I'd considered posting some more of my collection photos, but there's no point if they'll just be shoved down the page beneath a slew of CORPS! pictures.

Sometimes, someone has to be "that guy" & say something. If saying something, though, is causing a problem, then I'll just go back to silently wondering.

Ahh! now that's specifics that make sense! Thanks! Get on him in the comments about the selfies....NJ and I spoke our minds a bit....the selfies are out of place, but the guy can put up his collection...3 photos a day

Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 AM #8
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Ahh! now that's specifics that make sense! Thanks! Get on him in the comments about the selfies....NJ and I spoke our minds a bit....the selfies are out of place, but the guy can put up his collection...3 photos a day

and look....BW is on hiatus until the summer

Ditto...
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 AM #9
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Ditto...

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 12-20-2016, 04:19 PM #10
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

HA! this is silly.....JoeDios.....should go unmoderated.....It's an ownwed site...let it be..