Password

So......MTF?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:43 PM #1
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->
Default So......MTF?

A few Pics.....a review on Generalsjoes....what's the verdict?
I'm lovin' that they did this! Pretty Incredible!.....but who's got 'em and what do you think?

Old 06-28-2015, 05:32 PM #2
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards

I suggest getting one. They are well-made, sculpted, and the paint apps are nice and clean. I was always more interested in the accessories anyway, and those are just awesome. I can't wait to update my figures with this stuff.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:14 PM #3
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 07-01-2015, 03:45 PM #4
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

218 approves is the most Awesome Image on the Web.....

but back to the MTF....having not got the kickstarter figs with accessories.....
I'm now finding it....and it's just me and my opinion folks.....hard to First put together figs on the site....and then hard to justify the cost....$40 plus for a set (of 2 figs)?
and then go buy some Weapons?
I know most if us are middle aged and comfortable.....but it seems I'm not that comfortable....I will bight the bullet and outfit a Fig...but sure as $h!t I'm not going to be Army building or getting them for the kids in my life....
Anyway as I've told a friend...the Marauders Guy is Living The Dream......
It's just not one I can afford to relate too......
Swear to god I love 'em....Hell I want to see Vehicles........and Damn straight I Will Buy One! Fully Decked Out Armed to the hilt... Boonie cap and googles....All kinds of Gear and Weapons......but I'm gonna' feel silly for Paying the Ala Carte Pricing for one Figure......and that's about all I can Muster!
Good Luck MTF Dudes! You've made a Helluva Set of Figures (as far as I know)
Congratulations on your Boutique Awesome figure Line! Everyone Seems Psyched!
I kinda' am Too!

Old 07-01-2015, 04:06 PM #5
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere

but back to the MTF....having not got the kickstarter figs with accessories.....
I'm now finding it....and it's just me and my opinion folks.....hard to First put together figs on the site....and then hard to justify the cost....$40 plus for a set (of 2 figs)?
I know most if us are middle aged and comfortable.....but it seems I'm not that comfortable....I will bight the bullet and outfit a Fig...but sure as $h!t I'm not going to be Army building or getting them for the kids in my life....
Swear to god I love 'em....Hell I want to see Vehicles........and Damn straight I Will Buy One! Fully Decked Out Armed to the hilt... Boonie cap and googles....All kinds of Gear and Weapons......but I'm gonna' feel silly for Paying the Ala Carte Pricing for one Figure......and that's about all I can Muster!
I kinda' am Too!

You're right. About my image.
But also about MTF. I do like them though, mainly for the versatility. I can order a couple of figs for what? $11, $12 each? Then I can just pick out the gear. On the site, there is a drop down menu that you can sort them by Price, Low to High. That's what I click on. Then I can just outfit my figures accordingly. If you choose the full package with all the bells and whistles, yeah, you'll be paying up to $30 - $40 per figure. But that's up to the individual. I like the fact that I can custom my order. I can just get 2 basic figs, in the color I want, put a pistol, holster, vest, couple grenades, and that's it. Maybe keep it below $20/figure.
I'll be ordering a few at a time.
Btw, LOVE the care pkg, gijoeiwasthere! Really cool stuff in there! Especially the CD! Thanks bro!
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 07-01-2015, 04:22 PM #6
Nekoman
keyboard commando

-->
Nekoman is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere

I kinda' am Too!

I can relate to what you're saying. These are really expensive so it limits what you can do on a budget, sorta makes me wish he had some value sets for people just looking to get a complete-ish figure.

On the other hand, it's totally understandable these cost so much. He had to eat the cost of the bad production run all on his own. Plus, smaller production runs. I think these offer a lot for the price, especially when you compare them to junk like the club's FSS.

Star Wars Box | The Viper Pit

Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 PM #7
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

[QUOTE=TwoOneEight][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
[SIZE=2][B]You're right. About my image.
But also about MTF. I do like them though, mainly for the versatility. I can order a couple of figs for what? $11, $12 each? Then I can just pick out the gear. On the site, there is a drop down menu that you can sort them by Price, Low to High. That's what I click on. Then I can just outfit my figures accordingly. If you choose the full package with all the bells and whistles, yeah, you'll be paying up to $30 - $40 per figure. But that's up to the individual. I like the fact that I can custom my order. I can just get 2 basic figs, in the color I want, put a pistol, holster, vest, couple grenades, and that's it. Maybe keep it below $20/figure.
I'll be ordering a few at a time.

Thanks, and I don't think you are getting me wrong....and you're right!
take the Time to build the figure you (I) want on the budget that's personally available...that's a great way of going about designing a figure! So that in another light is....It's a Great way to have a Custom Boutique Figure.....
and Ultimately affordable......

Btw, LOVE the care pkg, gijoeiwasthere! Really cool stuff in there! Especially the CD!
Dude...I saw you had a synth in a pic somewhere and thought you might dig my old Band....I'm glad you like it!!!
I find myself fiddlin' with your stuff (HHAHAHAHA) all the time.....MTF...218 castin' his own $h!tt! It's all an Awesome Time!......Hopefully Hasbro Follows Through too!

Last edited by gijoeiwasthere : 07-01-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM #8
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
I can relate to what you're saying. These are really expensive so it limits what you can do on a budget, sorta makes me wish he had some value sets for people just looking to get a complete-ish figure.

On the other hand, it's totally understandable these cost so much. He had to eat the cost of the bad production run all on his own. Plus, smaller production runs. I think these offer a lot for the price, especially when you compare them to junk like the club's FSS.

well I won't jump on the "junk" FSS as I do not have a single one......but I don't because those are deeper into Joe Canon than me and I'm crazy cost conscious and have a really great collection (imo) that is probably way under retail......
On the other hand.....I'm in total Agreement! That Guy Kicked Ass! He made a really Great 1/18 Line! damn! How Impressive is That? It's like a Miracle!
and.....I'm right there with everyone else, I'm Going to Buy An MTF! it just may stop at one......
And I agree again but unfortunately, I think the value sets may have been the Kick Starter.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:35 AM #9
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

First problem for the MTFs...
Guy in my FB group just posted this. Just happened tonight. While he was taking the vest off to show me that they fit on Joes, he was holding the MTF figure and squeezed the legs together while he was pulling the vest off. The leg snapped off quickly. There is no metal T-bar, and the legs are glued together, instead of screwed together. Just something to consider before you start buying in bulk. He still hasn't been able to snap it back in.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 AM #10
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards

I bought one from the Kickstarter campaign and am very pleased with it. Aside from the new Bbi figures, and the Episode VII Star Wars ones, I think I may be pretty much done with action figures, as I'm not too impressed with what Hasbro's got coming up for the Joe line. I think I'll just buy Marauder's gear for my existing collection.