Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-11-2015, 02:29 PM #11
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

Some of the figures are ugly, the AVAC with CG torso. I don't understand the Dusty/Bazooka/Firefly 3 pack. What the heck are those Joes supposed to be?

Side-swapping vehicles...iffy on them, but they are the most surprising new items. They somehow still make the AWE Striker look good...again! Orange HISS...not sure I'd buy the whole set for it. I like the Sky Striker, but planes take up space.

Overall, the effort shows a lot of promise. I'm still not really a fan of modern figures, though.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:52 PM #12
Thunder
Veteran

-->
Thunder is on a distinguished road -->

Billy
Pythona
Old Snake
Marisa Fairborne

Awesome! Except, ....you need to subscribe to two different fig services to get those 4 😁

Still, could be worse 👍

Old 04-11-2015, 03:01 PM #13
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
Some of the figures are ugly, the AVAC with CG torso. I don't understand the Dusty/Bazooka/Firefly 3 pack. What the heck are those Joes supposed to be?

Side-swapping vehicles...iffy on them, but they are the most surprising new items. They somehow still make the AWE Striker look good...again! Orange HISS...not sure I'd buy the whole set for it. I like the Sky Striker, but planes take up space.

Overall, the effort shows a lot of promise. I'm still not really a fan of modern figures, though.

They're very blue! Sky Strikers are definitely huge as far as storage and display...
I so want the Cobra/Joe Switch with the Joe HISS and Cobra SS Jet...but Alas....
It'll never happen.......

Old 04-11-2015, 03:03 PM #14
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler
Billy
Pythona
Old Snake
Marisa Fairborne

Awesome! Except, ....you need to subscribe to two different fig services to get those 4 ��

Still, could be worse ��

Yeah a Big bummer, Too Much $.... I Really ever only pined for Cover Girl

Old 04-11-2015, 06:10 PM #15
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

Too much money, another reason I'm glad I'm not into modern stuff. (my avatar is ironic, I guess)
There are a few things that can get fans like me to help support the line, the Vamp MK2...except they made the original style the hard to get one...so they lost me. I'd sooner buy the original off ebay. The types of character figures I'd part money with, well, they wind up as $$$ club exclusives. If I saw Pythona at retail...I'd go for it. Seeing weird blue Joes and red-shoed Cobra Commander...not so much.

The club is a making a Dreadnok 4X4 as next year's club exclusive. I wished Hasbro would redo the Dreadnok vehicles at retail. I despise the "the original is rare, so the new version should be, too" attitude.

That's getting off topic, I guess it's nice to see GI JOE is still alive in some form. After last year's no show, Hasbro is giving a damn again. DePriest and Weber seem like they care, as they are fans, too.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:18 PM #16
Thunder
Veteran

-->
Thunder is on a distinguished road -->

I just want O-Ring construction in 3 3/4" size using the same where possible, or reverse engineered molds of lost/destroyed figure molds with the original artwork on blister cards hanging on retail pegs again. Is that too much to ask?

gijoeiwasthere & Lava Boss - I hear you on the $ of the subscription service & size of Skystrikers, etc. That's why I dig the Kreons:
1.) I'm probably never getting my first choice again anyway (^)
2.) They don't break the bank.
3.) They take up a fraction of the shelf space for a 30-something year old Dad/Husband who can't just claim his whole house as a giant toy box 😜
4.) They're fun to build & work nicely with LEGO blocks to build-out their settings.
5.) Their uniforms are mostly 1980s-style accurate & capture that original essence that hooked most of us to begin with, rather than unrecognizable "updated" imaginings.
6.) Even the "chase" figures can be had on evilbay for less than a mint, so completing waves IS possible (sans Tomax...)
7.) The vehicles are quite well done & also don't require too much "real estate" to be displayed / played with alongside the figures.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:16 AM #17
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

My Godson and Nephew really reaped the benefits of Black Friday Time with the Kreos........I didn't keep many really, but I was Impressed with the Line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler
I just want O-Ring construction in 3 3/4" size using the same where possible, or reverse engineered molds of lost/destroyed figure molds with the original artwork on blister cards hanging on retail pegs again. Is that too much to ask?

gijoeiwasthere & Lava Boss - I hear you on the $ of the subscription service & size of Skystrikers, etc. That's why I dig the Kreons:
1.) I'm probably never getting my first choice again anyway (^)
2.) They don't break the bank.
3.) They take up a fraction of the shelf space for a 30-something year old Dad/Husband who can't just claim his whole house as a giant toy box ��
4.) They're fun to build & work nicely with LEGO blocks to build-out their settings.
5.) Their uniforms are mostly 1980s-style accurate & capture that original essence that hooked most of us to begin with, rather than unrecognizable "updated" imaginings.
6.) Even the "chase" figures can be had on evilbay for less than a mint, so completing waves IS possible (sans Tomax...)
7.) The vehicles are quite well done & also don't require too much "real estate" to be displayed / played with alongside the figures.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:36 AM #18
roguetiger
Veteran

-->
roguetiger is on a distinguished road -->

Don't forget... Old Snake is on the Transformers side.... not the Joe Clubs side..

Old 04-16-2015, 07:38 PM #19
sithviper
The Legend

-->
sithviper is on a distinguished road -->

I think, of the stuff presented at the show, I'm most excited about is the Skeleton figure showed off by Boss Fight Studios

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=vie...art=20&sl=24542
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=vie...art=20&sl=24542

Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 PM #20
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

I would like to get Sightline when he is available loose. Great tribute to Gary Goggleshead.
Also interested to see what Billy (should be Kessler) Arboc looks like.
And I'll also get Marissa when she is available loose.
Everything else I'll just try to get them out in the wild.
Hope Hasbro doesn't fuck us and cancel all this shit in 6 months...
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"