Password

Old 03-28-2014, 01:34 PM #21
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->

Cobra B.A.A.T.
Battle Armored Android Trooper

Armor Tech either reviled or loved by fans the Cobra BAAT is by far one of my favorite Cobra Troops. Even the name requires respect for these beasts. The Cobra BAAT is a Battle Android Trooper on steroids. While the file card states the BAAT is downgraded even more so it is basically a tank with legs. While I would have been perfectly happy with a rocket launcher for a arm or shoulder mounted rocket launcher like Robo-Joe we get this odd box like launcher that fit on the underside of the arm. I still hope to this day we will get a BAAT complete with gatling cannon arms and rocket launchers attached to the head will just have to wait a little longer. The BAAT includes a weapon tree, battle stand and two missiles with launcher.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM #22
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

GI Joe Power Fighter

The 1994 Power Fighters were miniaturized one man Armor Bots with an arsenal of weaponry. I tend to think they are the second generation of Mech technology smaller units that can be transported by plane, ship or shuttle with the same armor and punch as the Armor Bot. From what I can gather both Joe and Cobra fighters don't have any other name. At this point the GI Joe line was coming to a close in order to cut corners and save money Hasbro didn't create clever names for these mechs. The G.I. Joe Power Fighter features working buzz saw, rotating arm and shoulder laser cannons movable legs and adjustable foot flaps and scanner. The device also includes a rotating missile launcher that fires a tri-rocket.

Gears
Invention Technician

Included with the Power Fighter is the driver/pilot Gears a basic repaint of the 1992 Barricade. Gears includes a removable helmet.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:56 PM #23
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Cobra Power Fighter

The Cobra Power Fighter although has the exact same name as the GI Joe version is a completely different Power Fighter. It includes a giant chainsaw arm that fires a missile, movable tri-laser cannon, shoulder mounted laser, movable legs, foot flaps and head cover for the driver. Also has storage for two missiles on the vehicle. The Power Fighters are some of the most rare and expensive vehicles to find in 1994.

Techno-Viper
Cobra Battlefield Technician

The Techno-Viper couldn't be a better choice to pilot an experimental mech weapon for Cobra. First released in 1987 the Techno-Vipers are the mechanics and tech support for Cobra. It is only fitting if there mech breaks they can fix the problem and get right back into battle. The Power Fighter Techno-Viper is a repaint of the original 1987 Techno-Viper who includes no weapons.

Next month just in time for Easter I'll be reviewing the Mega Marines

Old 03-28-2014, 05:02 PM #24
Marty
Veteran

-->
Marty is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Marty

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen pictures of the power fighters. Thanks for posting! The cobra version looks kinda cool actually, especially with its driver. Possibly an update to the cobra SNAKE armor, even though the driver is a lot more exposed.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:06 AM #25
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

This thread is very interesting as it covers a gap in my personal Joe timeline. I picked up only a few Joes in 1989 and 1990 and then nothing until eBay and TRU had my curiosity in 1998 or 1999.

Although it is often referred to as the death of the line around 1994, we now realize something else. The Joe line is hard to kill off completely. Just like 1987 Movie Duke, the line did not die, it just slipped into a neon paint induced coma, overcome with the inhalation of fumes and gaudy color schemes.

But it came back, first crawling, then infused with great detail and amazing articulation!
Never quite the same as the clever years from 1984-1986, but still creating interest and feeding imagination of our era.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:45 AM #26
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorktownjoe
This thread is very interesting as it covers a gap in my personal Joe timeline. I picked up only a few Joes in 1989 and 1990 and then nothing until eBay and TRU had my curiosity in 1998 or 1999.

Although it is often referred to as the death of the line around 1994, we now realize something else. The Joe line is hard to kill off completely. Just like 1987 Movie Duke, the line did not die, it just slipped into a neon paint induced coma, overcome with the inhalation of fumes and gaudy color schemes.

But it came back, first crawling, then infused with great detail and amazing articulation!
Never quite the same as the clever years from 1984-1986, but still creating interest and feeding imagination of our era.

Since 1994 there have been several small die offs of the brand one around 1999 and the other right around 2006 with the direct to consumer and sigma 6. This just proves you can't keep a good Joe down.

I was curious Yorktownjoe are you from the Charleston, Mount Pleasant area?

Old 04-13-2014, 03:44 PM #27
battlewagon
Banned

-->
battlewagon is on a distinguished road -->

the name robo-joe sounds cool but the orange and black paint job is just wrong in my opinion. and it's also boring looking. the BAAT looks cool but those weapons suck. a gatling gun, rocket mounted launcher, and buzzsaw arm would have been cooler. the cobra power fighter looks cool, like the colors, and missile storage, buzzsaw and multiple weapons. i just don't like how the pilot's arms/hands are vulnerable. the gi joe power fighter looks cool too but again, i don't like the exposed arms/hands of the pilot. close combat between power fighters must really suck. does that missile launcher shoot the 3 missiles at the same time?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM #28
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlewagon
the name robo-joe sounds cool but the orange and black paint job is just wrong in my opinion. and it's also boring looking. the BAAT looks cool but those weapons suck. a gatling gun, rocket mounted launcher, and buzzsaw arm would have been cooler. the cobra power fighter looks cool, like the colors, and missile storage, buzzsaw and multiple weapons. i just don't like how the pilot's arms/hands are vulnerable. the gi joe power fighter looks cool too but again, i don't like the exposed arms/hands of the pilot. close combat between power fighters must really suck. does that missile launcher shoot the 3 missiles at the same time?

Yea it does fire all 3 at the same time I think the spring is in the center. I agree the Power Fighters are exposed and to believe these were actually used in space combat. I find that hard to believe.

As for the color pattern on Robo-Joe well what can I say its the 90s

Star Brigade!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:15 PM #29
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Star Brigade!

I bet we'll see them "modern era" at the 2015 Joecon...

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444