JoeDios.com Forums  

Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-11-2012, 02:34 PM #11
The Willoughbian
Member
 
The Willoughbian's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 136
The Willoughbian is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

I don't blame you. That's what I like about this website. People here have manners and a civil tack.
  Reply With Quote

Eh!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM #12
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR
 
neapolitan joe's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 23,255
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thumbs up Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Willoughbian
I don't blame you. That's what I like about this website. People here have manners and a civil tack.


Yo joe!
__________________
My collection:

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM #13
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran
 
elmobfaelnar15's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 440
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
hisstank has the distinction of being one of the biggest, zaniest, and sarcastic, of joe communities. I like it in doses, but most of them aren't serious about anything and try their best to only be ironic/silly and not add anything else. they're just there to goof around. I wouldn't take them too seriously




I consider Joedios to be more of my home also. much better company


i agree.hisstank is like high school corridors back home, a lot of loitering students throwing sarcasm at each other. funny people but you wont get any information from them
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM #14
Renegade
Veteran
 
Renegade's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 2,031
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
i agree.hisstank is like high school corridors back home, a lot of loitering students throwing sarcasm at each other. funny people but you wont get any information from them




that's a great way to put it, I think so too.
__________________
2013 ... the Harbinger is here. "The Change has come."

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again




"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM #15
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran
 
elmobfaelnar15's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 440
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
that's a great way to put it, I think so too.

yeah.although their customizers are simply amazing .thats the only reason why i visit that site every now and then.any other reasons (information / news / awesome dios / reviews) i just go here / generalsjoes and joebattleline (just for alexx short shots)
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 07:19 PM #16
Renegade
Veteran
 
Renegade's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 2,031
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
yeah.although their customizers are simply amazing .thats the only reason why i visit that site every now and then.any other reasons (information / news / awesome dios / reviews) i just go here / generalsjoes and joebattleline (just for alexx short shots)



Me too, I tried to post in their toy forum, and there wasn't much but some complaining. And in the cartoon forum, a lot of the same. it's almost endless bickering. I actually think that sometimes the immaturity there can be funny, but it also becomes very empty when everybody's doing it. It's almost absurd.


And by the way, alexx short shots' are among some of the funniest reviews and overall GI Joe comedy that is out there. He's something else.


I generally go first to Joedios to check out some cool photos, the HISSTANK front page for news, their custom forum to see the new stuff guys are doing, generalsjoes also for news or for nice, full shot reviews of figures, and then that's about it. I used to go to joecustoms, but found some of their mods to be out of line at times and run it like a "if you don't like it, it's our yard and you can leave" rather than come to an understanding. Which is fine. I left.
__________________
2013 ... the Harbinger is here. "The Change has come."

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again




"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM #17
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran
 
elmobfaelnar15's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 440
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Me too, I tried to post in their toy forum, and there wasn't much but some complaining. And in the cartoon forum, a lot of the same. it's almost endless bickering. I actually think that sometimes the immaturity there can be funny, but it also becomes very empty when everybody's doing it. It's almost absurd.


And by the way, alexx short shots' are among some of the funniest reviews and overall GI Joe comedy that is out there. He's something else.


I generally go first to Joedios to check out some cool photos, the HISSTANK front page for news, their custom forum to see the new stuff guys are doing, generalsjoes also for news or for nice, full shot reviews of figures, and then that's about it. I used to go to joecustoms, but found some of their mods to be out of line at times and run it like a "if you don't like it, it's our yard and you can leave" rather than come to an understanding. Which is fine. I left.


correct. i always wonder whats hisstank function in the joe community and the only thing i could think off is the customs.everything else; dio stories (joedios / zedsite), information (generalsjoes) or reviews (again the 3 plus alexx shortshots) they all fell short.i havent visit joecustoms so i might try it sometimes (just to satisfy my curiosity ). In terms of cartoon forums, i havent check them out but i guess ill see the same issues there (specially on the animation style of renegades), and i dont want to argue with them (specially since i havent watch the sigma 6 cartoons so i cant properly compare the 80s era with sigma 6 style or renegades).

you got me there.actually one of the reasons why i came back to collecting gijoe is because of alexx reviews. i always think that he can apply as one of the writers of robot chicken or some adult cartoon show.his humour is perfect for that type of entertainment.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM #18
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 6,074
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Dec 2007

Send a message via MSN to Rambo
Default

which is alexxx url?
__________________



HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 PM #19
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran
 
elmobfaelnar15's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 440
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
which is alexxx url?

http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/vi...89b56619cccbb9f
  Reply With Quote

Ah!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 PM #20
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR
 
neapolitan joe's Avatar
 
Offline
-->
Posts: 23,255
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thumbs up Ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15


Another great site and forum!
But Joedios is the best!
__________________
My collection:

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: vBStyles.com


- JoeDios - Archive - Top