Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 AM #41
Django
Veteran

-->
Django is on a distinguished road -->

Ran all around looking for a zartan today,strange..

Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 AM #42
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fox
Got my trooper from commander nate, he's a nice seller and I have negotiated with him before. He had two of the troopers last thursday(05/31 - when I ordered my figure). Already shipped. Don't know if the other one is still in stock, but I've seen plenty of them from other sellers. Mine will be the tan cloak variation. The price is steep, not less than 25.00 per figure, that's why I ordered just one, only to satisfy my desire for this figure and not having to wait till 2013.
I got one of the 3 packs too(that with Beachhead) from BBTS and it's on the way. I don't care much about the ninja one, which I'll wait for 2013 to get with all that postponed preorders.

just got my joe trooper and red ninja (along with iron spider man and ww hulk) from smalljoes and they just shipped it happy days are here again

Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 PM #43
Night Fox
Brazilian resistance!

-->
Night Fox is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
just got my joe trooper and red ninja (along with iron spider man and ww hulk) from smalljoes and they just shipped it happy days are here again

Very nice! The price on this is much better than eBay ones! Too bad the trooper was not in stock when I looked for him at Smalljoes.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 PM #44
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

So a funny thing happened to Paramount's other film, World War Z - a delay, throw in a few reshoots, and some script rewrites. Yup, very smart. Shouldn't these things be handled, I don't know - BEFORE the shooting is done?

One thing I can say, is that at least the reshoots mean that Paramount is going to spend more on the movie, (meaning they believe it will make them some serious money) and are not abandoning it altogether for an auspicious DVD-direct release. Maybe it will be good. I saw the trailer again the other day, and it looked awesome. The story, maybe not great, but the action and characters are translating much better than the last movie. I hope the changes do not make the movie worse!

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"

Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 PM #45
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fox
Very nice! The price on this is much better than eBay ones! Too bad the trooper was not in stock when I looked for him at Smalljoes.

you may want to check it out again since they're still available at $14.99 (although you're limited to just one per customer). im trying to use my friend as a "decoy" so i could score another figure

Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 PM #46
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
So a funny thing happened to Paramount's other film, World War Z - a delay, throw in a few reshoots, and some script rewrites. Yup, very smart. Shouldn't these things be handled, I don't know - BEFORE the shooting is done?

One thing I can say, is that at least the reshoots mean that Paramount is going to spend more on the movie, (meaning they believe it will make them some serious money) and are not abandoning it altogether for an auspicious DVD-direct release. Maybe it will be good. I saw the trailer again the other day, and it looked awesome. The story, maybe not great, but the action and characters are translating much better than the last movie. I hope the changes do not make the movie worse!

atleast they're abandoning the sfx way (im looking at you michael bay transformers) and focusing now on the story (yay avengers). by the way, world war z is a comic book adaptation right?i forgot who was the original writer / artist of the series. hope the changes they are doing (including gijoe) will enhance the story and not just add another climactic action scene that does nothing to the story

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 AM #47
pbarny1701
Teaching The Next Gen

-->
pbarny1701 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to pbarny1701 Send a message via MSN to pbarny1701 Send a message via Yahoo to pbarny1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade

Not really, because in editing, you can take all of that and change order, context, etc. Go test the edit (what we really see), and if that works, release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
In China, Bill Gates is Britney Spears. In America, Britney Spears is Britney Spears. That's our problem

My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

Is for constructive criticism (will even settle for destructive) just anything but "Nice shot" or "Awesome".

Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM #48
M1General
El Hombre

-->
M1General is on a distinguished road -->

Well what do you know, 1 month to go.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM #49
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarny1701
Not really, because in editing, you can take all of that and change order, context, etc. Go test the edit (what we really see), and if that works, release.

Good point, I suppose that scheduling the appropriate shoots as well as FX budgets before filming and editing is done would have been a better route. Setting a release date after everything is ready would have been a better way to handle things.

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"

Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM #50
Cobra rules

-->
Cobra rules is on a distinguished road -->

found new SS, SE, Flint, Firefly another trooper and a POC blowtorch at walgreens about thirty minutes ago.