Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 AM #41
selvaland
Veteran

-->
selvaland is on a distinguished road -->

3 pics a day is a good rule. 2? Not enough. 4? Too much, anyone could start an invasion, and we want to see different pics from different
Don't remember if I posted 3 pics per day during several days without other guys pics between. Sorry if I did, it's not a good idea.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:49 AM #42
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaland
3 pics a day is a good rule. 2? Not enough. 4? Too much, anyone could start an invasion, and we want to see different pics from different
Don't remember if I posted 3 pics per day during several days without other guys pics between. Sorry if I did, it's not a good idea.

I like your pictures, bro. And besides, they're well-spaced apart. Just like mine. But what if no one posts anything for a very long time? I just exercise common sense and courtesy. I checked mine. The first one was Aug 2. Then two on Aug 3, and one today.
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 08-04-2017, 01:01 PM #43
selvaland
Veteran

-->
selvaland is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
I like your pictures, bro. And besides, they're well-spaced apart. Just like mine. But what if no one posts anything for a very long time? I just exercise common sense and courtesy. I checked mine. The first one was Aug 2. Then two on Aug 3, and one today.

Thanks Arnold! I like your pictures too : always telling a story and showing great props!
Yes a problem can come when no one posts anything, but I guess it won't happen again
Common sense and courtesy, as you say, are good rules too!

Old 08-04-2017, 01:33 PM #44
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->
Hammerfel will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
I think that the 3 pictures rule is not per day.
I think that a Joedios' user'd post 3 pictures in a section and only after another user's pictures, he'd post again: better if not the same object, custom, action figure, character, vehicle, diorama, playset, etc., etc.

This is correct. It is 3 pictures in a row. If no one posts for the rest of the day, I think it's fine for you to post 3 more the next day, though I doubt this will happen often for the Dios, Photos and ARAH sections.

In Reviews, Collections and Files it's fine to post more than 3 at once, just please don't abuse. The Collection section used to get 20+ shots of a Snake Eyes figure from every angle.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:43 PM #45
Dr. Phibes
Veteran

-->
Dr. Phibes is on a distinguished road -->

Sveland, the main reason for 3 was... uh... well, under the main menu (depending on how you have this place bookmarked, each section showcases the latest 3 images). So when you opened up Photos, you'd get just the 3 from the same person. Cuz in the past, we ran into problems with people posting 20+ photos (and usually it was the same shot, just different angles). But 3 seems to be a really nice number.

I like the term "abused". It really did feel like some people did abuse it. Sure, I understand so-and-so did a photoshoot and have like 50 'awesome' pics and are way excited to post them to show the world, but man, it's ok to post just a few to tease so people want more. lol

Thank you Nate for piping in. I already bugged NeoJoe about the FILES section cuz I didn't want to post a bunch and step on toes. Unfortunately, looks like it's just me in there these days.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:18 AM #46
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
Sveland, the main reason for 3 was... uh... well, under the main menu (depending on how you have this place bookmarked, each section showcases the latest 3 images). So when you opened up Photos, you'd get just the 3 from the same person. Cuz in the past, we ran into problems with people posting 20+ photos (and usually it was the same shot, just different angles). But 3 seems to be a really nice number.

I like the term "abused". It really did feel like some people did abuse it. Sure, I understand so-and-so did a photoshoot and have like 50 'awesome' pics and are way excited to post them to show the world, but man, it's ok to post just a few to tease so people want more. lol

Thank you Nate for piping in. I already bugged NeoJoe about the FILES section cuz I didn't want to post a bunch and step on toes. Unfortunately, looks like it's just me in there these days.

Firm believer in off site hosting for pics in a series...Love Stacking 'em that way and hosted pics are bigger and bolder than the JD originally posted pic. Like to do the build up "tease" series too

Old 08-05-2017, 02:12 PM #47
Dr. Phibes
Veteran

-->
Dr. Phibes is on a distinguished road -->

As you have seen, some people work their pics over. Others upload directly from their camera. And at times, when people have done this, you get doubles and triples of their shots. Lol. At least they meant well.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:14 PM #48
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
As you have seen, some people work their pics over. Others upload directly from their camera. And at times, when people have done this, you get doubles and triples of their shots. Lol. At least they meant well.

nothing to disparage, as you know I have vehemently pointed out.....
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." .Captain Woodrow Call