raven73
Veteran

-->
raven73 is on a distinguished road -->
Default Help & Observation

Help...

What is a good size for an avatar pic?

Observation...

Along with killing Duke within the first 20 minutes, has "Retaliation" killed the GI Joe brand (retail)?

Old 08-05-2014, 04:49 PM #2
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

According to the User CP

Quote:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 180 by 180 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller)

Decline in action figure sales has killed GI JOE more than anything, add to that a rise in production costs, Hasbro's focus on licensed properties and terrible distribution of new product due to retailer apathy. Hasbro can make it, but if stores won't order or reorder, you cannot buy it! Right now they have a backlog of Star Wars cases in warehouses and who knows what else. This has been this way for a couple of years.

Last edited by Lava Boss : 08-05-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:28 PM #3
cmyaj

-->
cmyaj is on a distinguished road -->

Yes, poor distribution played a big part in this. TRU has been the only place I can find anything in my neck o' the woods & it's usually pretty sad. Maybe with the 50th wave, things'll pick up a bit (just got my Low-Light/Night Viper & Blowtorch/H.E.A.T. Viper order today )

Old 08-06-2014, 04:27 AM #4
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Unhappy

The crisis of action figures + the problem that Hasbro does not believe in G.I.JOE = the decline of G.I.JOE toy line.
We must wait for G.I.JOE 3 movie toys...

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 08-07-2014, 02:57 PM #5
raven73
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
The crisis of action figures + the problem that Hasbro does not believe in G.I.JOE = the decline of G.I.JOE toy line.
We must wait for G.I.JOE 3 movie toys...

GI Joe 3? Is the Rock really willing to do another Joe movie? Who is going to lead the Joes if the Rock doesn't return? Maybe Snake Eyes, Ray Park's the only one who's been in both Joe movies so far. Giving orders would be like a game of charades "What? What was that Snake Eyes? Timmy fell down the well...again?"

Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM #6
raven73
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
According to the User CP

Decline in action figure sales has killed GI JOE more than anything, add to that a rise in production costs, Hasbro's focus on licensed properties and terrible distribution of new product due to retailer apathy. Hasbro can make it, but if stores won't order or reorder, you cannot buy it! Right now they have a backlog of Star Wars cases in warehouses and who knows what else. This has been this way for a couple of years.

Thanks for the help and insight.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 PM #7
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->
Hammerfel will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven73
GI Joe 3? Is the Rock really willing to do another Joe movie? Who is going to lead the Joes if the Rock doesn't return? Maybe Snake Eyes, Ray Park's the only one who's been in both Joe movies so far. Giving orders would be like a game of charades "What? What was that Snake Eyes? Timmy fell down the well...again?"

LMAO!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:14 PM #8
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven73
Giving orders would be like a game of charades "What? What was that Snake Eyes? Timmy fell down the well...again?"

Lol, ;-)

"In homage to Larry Hama's 21 Silent Interlude, GI Joe 3 will be silent of speech, using only sound effects and background music."

"And the Oscar for best writing in an action/adventure film goes to... Well not the wordless film..."