Password

Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 PM #11
joshdahl

-->
joshdahl is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWeasel
Wow, and here I thought we were done.

You make it sound like we steal images and don't give people credit.

As you can clearly see on ANY of our "Image of the Day" images we posted, we fully credit the user, the thread and JoeDios itself. So not quite sure where you are going with your post.

In respons to Roland's comment to me about if/when HissTank posts images we post without asking us, well that is a different situation. Because, they will NEVER credit us for anything. The remove our links all the time when any member posts something of ours.

If anyone wants their image removed that we featured as a way to promote the community AND JoeDios itself let me know and we'll remove it. And at this point if we do decide to continue with the "Image of the Day" feature, I'll be sure to ask first so we don't offend any fragile egos.

As for Prince Adam, I think you are seriously blowing Josh's JOKING comment totally out of proportion. This really bugs me that people here are acting that way. Seems more fitting for another site in the community that just loves to overreact to things.

In regards to Photoshop for the dio contest, you can use Photoshop, but not to put together the whole image. You can use it to remove devices such as strings that you use to hold up your Joes or Joe vehicles.

At this point, I'm really disappointed in the attitude taken by some here. It is not what I have come to recognize by the members here. And that is sad. Especially Nekoman's comment. It also shows what is wrong with this community as a whole, when you try to something together and some turns it around like it is a bad thing.

This is ridiculous and at this point, I'm thinking about shutting down the contest and not bothering to work with any of the other sites, since they all seem to be pretty selfish.

This hobby is really becoming no fun for me.

This is me blowing the TIME OUT whistle!

My friend Wild Weasel is over reacting only because he cares so much about what we do over at The Terrordrome.

Ironically, he responded to perceived negativity by adding some negativity of his own. I understand where his frustration comes from because I started this contest just to have some fun...and involve folks from other sites.

So, can I ask that we all take a step back.....and see this as just a way to have some fun?

I apologize on behalf of The Terrordrome for any drama that might have been thrown around and would like to add a big WHO CARES to any future drama..... because really, what's better... arguing and finger pointing... or playing with toys?

Thank you to everyone for letting these past few posts disappear into the past and moving forward toward making some cool dios.

Now....to get the ball rolling... who has a cool idea? Better, who has an idea that is impossibly challenging.... ie: A Dali dio or a Modrian.

Thanks everyone.

Josh

Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM #12
Nekoman
keyboard commando

-->
Nekoman is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
At this point, I'm really disappointed in the attitude taken by some here. It is not what I have come to recognize by the members here. And that is sad. Especially Nekoman's comment. It also shows what is wrong with this community as a whole, when you try to something together and some turns it around like it is a bad thing.

I was going to try and put something together too, but for some reason you think that the Terrordrome is the only site on the internet allowed to have contests. That's kind of hypocritical. Really, I even said that I thought it'd be something fun for people over there to do here too, so I don't see how my comment was taken so poorly, but frankly, I don't care either!

Quote:
This is ridiculous and at this point, I'm thinking about shutting down the contest and not bothering to work with any of the other sites, since they all seem to be pretty selfish.

LOL, whatever floats your boat man. I can take from that it means the whole point of your contests are to take people from here and get them posting there? Because if you're shutting down the contest it means that either A: You can't take slight negativity at all and your emotions have gotten the better of you, or B: The whole point of this is to get talent from here actively dealing with and building your site. As, after all, if it weren't wouldn't you leave it open to your own members?

I really don't care if you can't take any negativity. "Selfish" would be exactly what I would use to describe the Terrordrome as as well. If you wanted to even try and salvage the situation, you could've made a more carefully thought out and phrased post.

At Joshdahl:

Hey, I get that you're trying to make things better here. I wish Wild Weasel had done that too instead of throwing a tantrum. I'll also apologize for carrying on, but please understand that at the very least I wanted to respond when someone says I'm the problem with an entire community.

Star Wars Box | The Viper Pit

Old 01-29-2011, 07:16 PM #13
dancontrino
That guy

-->
dancontrino is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
I was going to try and put something together too, but for some reason you think that the Terrordrome is the only site on the internet allowed to have contests. That's kind of hypocritical. Really, I even said that I thought it'd be something fun for people over there to do here too, so I don't see how my comment was taken so poorly, but frankly, I don't care either!

LOL, whatever floats your boat man. I can take from that it means the whole point of your contests are to take people from here and get them posting there? Because if you're shutting down the contest it means that either A: You can't take slight negativity at all and your emotions have gotten the better of you, or B: The whole point of this is to get talent from here actively dealing with and building your site. As, after all, if it weren't wouldn't you leave it open to your own members?

I really don't care if you can't take any negativity. "Selfish" would be exactly what I would use to describe the Terrordrome as as well. If you wanted to even try and salvage the situation, you could've made a more carefully thought out and phrased post.

At Joshdahl:

Hey, I get that you're trying to make things better here. I wish Wild Weasel had done that too instead of throwing a tantrum. I'll also apologize for carrying on, but please understand that at the very least I wanted to respond when someone says I'm the problem with an entire community.

Any of you guys see Aqua teen Hunger Force last week? It was good.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM #14
WildWeasel
Ground Support Pilot

-->
WildWeasel is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:

At this point, no I don't want to salvage anything with you. You think you didn't sound selfish? Please. I can take negativity, but when you guys start attacking an idea that was meant to be fun, why should I sit idly by?

At Joshdahl:

You don't go and say, great idea, but I think we should do it here when you guys have a closed membership for one (or at least used to, I apologize if that has changed). Two, it was our idea we put together and thought you guys might like to get in on it. If you were thinking down the road we could try something, that is totally different, but this is now.

As for trying to "take people form here", that is not and will never be our intention. The idea is you post something here and let us know so we can link it up at our site. If you would have asked, instead of making assumptions, you wouldn't have to accuse us/me of this. We don't force people to join our site for anything. You can view any piece of news or image on our site and not be a member unlike other sites. We are an open site.

I'm throwing a "tantrum" because some of you here seem to think we have an ulterior motive here when we were just looking to have fun between two Joe sites. And I didn't say you specifically was what was wrong with the community, but you certainly aren't helping the view of it.

I apologize to those that are good people here, but I am still bothered by those that felt the need to attack this.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 PM #15
Nekoman
keyboard commando

-->
Nekoman is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
You don't go and say, great idea, but I think we should do it here when you guys have a closed membership for one (or at least used to, I apologize if that has changed). Two, it was our idea we put together and thought you guys might like to get in on it. If you were thinking down the road we could try something, that is totally different, but this is now.

As for trying to "take people form here", that is not and will never be our intention. The idea is you post something here and let us know so we can link it up at our site. If you would have asked, instead of making assumptions, you wouldn't have to accuse us/me of this. We don't force people to join our site for anything. You can view any piece of news or image on our site and not be a member unlike other sites. We are an open site.

I'm throwing a "tantrum" because some of you here seem to think we have an ulterior motive here when we were just looking to have fun between two Joe sites. And I didn't say you specifically was what was wrong with the community, but you certainly aren't helping the view of it.

I apologize to those that are good people here, but I am still bothered by those that felt the need to attack this.

Or in other words, it's A: You can't take any negativity at all and you're upset because folks here started to complain about some things. Okay.

But let me say I accept your apology since I am certainly a #1 and the best good person.

Star Wars Box | The Viper Pit

Old 01-29-2011, 08:36 PM #16
WildWeasel
Ground Support Pilot

-->

Quote:
Or in other words, it's A: You can't take any negativity at all and you're upset because folks here started to complain about some things. Okay.

But let me say I accept your apology since I am certainly a #1 and the best good person.

I can take negativity, but there was absolutely NO NEED for any in this thread.

Whatever, "best good person."

Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 PM #17
ThinkTank
Unmasked

-->
ThinkTank is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancontrino
Any of you guys see Aqua teen Hunger Force last week? It was good.

I like it the best when the hamburger guy turns into a doghouse and the cup guy wears sunglasses. The cup guy has cool shades.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:30 PM #18
WildWeasel
Ground Support Pilot

-->

For those that are interested in participating, I'm sorry for the way this has turned out, my apologies to you.

So if you are interested in entering, just post a link here in this thread to your entry and come time to judge we will include yours by linking in the main thread on the Terror Drome.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and we hope to see some great entries!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 PM #19
Roland da Thompson Gunner
Veteran

-->
Roland da Thompson Gunner is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Wow, and here I thought we were done.

You make it sound like we steal images and don't give people credit.

As you can clearly see on ANY of our "Image of the Day" images we posted, we fully credit the user, the thread and JoeDios itself. So not quite sure where you are going with your post.

In respons to Roland's comment to me about if/when HissTank posts images we post without asking us, well that is a different situation. Because, they will NEVER credit us for anything. The remove our links all the time when any member posts something of ours.

If anyone wants their image removed that we featured as a way to promote the community AND JoeDios itself let me know and we'll remove it. And at this point if we do decide to continue with the "Image of the Day" feature, I'll be sure to ask first so we don't offend any fragile egos.

This hobby is really becoming no fun for me.

Honestly if I didn't have respect for this place, I'd just post "lol, pull a rocky" but I am always amused by dudes who post long posts.

Anyways it's cool bro, Josh Dahl (who seems like an okay guy) told me "The Terrordrome is a news site" and doesn't create content.

It's not a matter of offending "fragile egos" brozoft, it's a matter of running your website in a professional manner (How Josh Dahl has been acting after explaining why he made some comments that could be mistaken as being like from ANOTHER site. See what I did there ). I don't like having my stuff used so that your website can have something to post, even if it's for the good of the community. I'm not a member of your community, I'm only a member of Joedios and Flickr, the rest of the Joe community doesn't really appeal to me (Large Nazi memorabilia collections, harassing store employees to get a Snake Eyes for $2.00 and murdering a girl and then making a phony 911 call = NOT PEOPLE I WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH). But what do I care, I'm already on the Terrordrome blacklist or something.

Honestly man, the person with the worst attitude in this thread is you. Calm down. Remember this is all over CHILDREN'S TOYS. I've been on G.I. Joe websites for a long time and outside of the FLAGG awards (and really only 2002) there's never been any successful inter-site promotion... well as long as you don't count site mergers (Making General Hawk a mod ).

Take care pal, I think if you step back and look at this whole thing you'll realize this thing is mad ridiculous.

I'd like to apologize to Josh Dahl, as when I spoke with him he seemed cool.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 PM #20
Da Talent
That Light Dude

-->
Da Talent is an unknown quantity at this point -->

So... Uh... I hear some shit is going down in Egypt.

We should all probably keep arguing over bullshit.