JoeDios.com Forums  

Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Which Modern Era Figures Make the Best Green Shirts?
Old 07-18-2017, 09:38 PM #1
DaveCW2
Happy Camera Fun Time!

-->
DaveCW2 is on a distinguished road -->
Default Which Modern Era Figures Make the Best Green Shirts?

I've been away from collecting for a bit, and might want to add some green shirts to the ranks at some point. So, which Modern Era figures make the best green shirts / generic troops?

My only request is that you refrain from saying the four that came in the pack with Firefly way back when. I'm pretty sure the Modern Era sculptors were still using training wheels, and possibly a whole lotta Mountain Dew, at the time

Have fun!

Holy crap! There were five troop builders in 1985 - what am I getting myself into!?!

Marauders MTF Troops
Old 07-18-2017, 10:09 PM #2
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->
Default Marauders MTF Troops

Have you seen what Marauder Gun Runners has done lately?

They have a wide variety of MTF = Marauder Task Force action figures in many colors that you can choose from.

All parts and accessories are interchangeable.

They even have Valkyries = Female action figures that you can army build to complement your Green Shirts.
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 07-19-2017, 03:03 AM #3
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->
gijoeiwasthere is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight

They have a wide variety of MTF = Marauder Task Force action figures in many colors that you can choose from.

All parts and accessories are interchangeable.

They even have Valkyries = Female action figures that you can army build to complement your Green Shirts.

Yeah The MTF figs are sweet for Army building! you can get Hasbro heads off the E of Bay and the Face of Book...
check out the good DR's Iron Fist Team in the photos section...

as far as genuine Joes...the Dollar general exclusive series 2 ShipWreck is a pretty great body mold...albeit a bit smallish

Old 07-19-2017, 03:51 AM #4
tycondrius23
Great Gorgon

-->
tycondrius23 is on a distinguished road -->

yup $gen Shippy or Duke make for good greenies. also the Retaliation 3 pack beach head is pretty generic enough and doesn't look like BH so much so he can make another armybuilder

Old 07-19-2017, 04:30 AM #5
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
yup $gen Shippy or Duke make for good greenies. also the Retaliation 3 pack beach head is pretty generic enough and doesn't look like BH so much so he can make another armybuilder

Heartily Agree! forgot dg Duke and have a 4 member ret. BH team myself

Old 07-19-2017, 06:41 AM #6
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

But those TRU set figures are great if you want figures whose wrists break off.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM #7
DaveCW2
Happy Camera Fun Time!

-->
DaveCW2 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight

I have, and man, they look great! I even ordered some stuff from them a couple weeks ago. My problem with the figures is that I'm a consistency freak. So, while I really like the molds, I just can't make them work in my head without the articulated torsos.

Still, I will be ordering hands, feet, weapons, and more from them to upgrade my figs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoewasthere
as far as genuine Joes...the Dollar general exclusive series 2 ShipWreck is a pretty great body mold...albeit a bit smallish

That is a good mold. From what I can tell, Hasbro crushed it by using the tooling from POC Snake Eyes in a lot of figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23

That Duke is definitely old school green shirt material. But WOW - I didn't even know that Beachhead existed. With head swaps, he may be the perfect modern green shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
But those TRU set figures are great if you want figures whose wrists break off.

D'oh! That's not good! And here I was just saying no to them because of aesthetics.

Thanks for the responses, all! If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Have fun!

Holy crap! There were five troop builders in 1985 - what am I getting myself into!?!

Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM #8
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

I'll elaborate. I never owned the set new. I picked up two loose at a toy show and their wrists joints were "frozen" (immobile). I tried the freezer thing. I tried hot water. Cold water. None seem to loosen them. And eventually when I tried to turn their wrists one broke off and one on the other figure tore so much that the only thing to do is glue it or try and get it out. Problem is those are the early Duke mid-forearm joints. You can't even hope to buy some aftermarket hands to replace them. In theory I could replace the entire fore am? Or just break the arm at the elbow trying!

Old 07-19-2017, 12:19 PM #9
gijoeiwasthere
Comment To Participate

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
I'll elaborate. I never owned the set new. I picked up two loose at a toy show and their wrists joints were "frozen" (immobile). I tried the freezer thing. I tried hot water. Cold water. None seem to loosen them. And eventually when I tried to turn their wrists one broke off and one on the other figure tore so much that the only thing to do is glue it or try and get it out. Problem is those are the early Duke mid-forearm joints. You can't even hope to buy some aftermarket hands to replace them. In theory I could replace the entire fore am? Or just break the arm at the elbow trying!

it probably will pull at the elbow...but it sounds like yours has some weird issues already....those don't hold rifles for $#!t....

Old 07-19-2017, 09:14 PM #10
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

yorktownjoe kitbash custom

Not necessarily a green shirt, but would work for that too.

DG Shipwreck green body
POC Zartan's second head and goggles
Renegades Duke vest for bulk, and to stop Cobra from kakking him before the first commercial, a la 60's Star Trek. ;-)