Password

Family Album
Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 AM #1
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->
Default Family Album

Since I began collecting again a few years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find this site and quickly made a few friends who share in this hobby of collecting GI Joe. I was relieved to see I was not alone. It is truly an honor and a pleasure to meet a great bunch of guys like you over the interwebs. Just showing pictures and sharing our knowledge, and experiences, all thanks to a little plastic man.

But another thing kinda happened on the side. While talking and sharing information to help me with my Joe Hunts, I've met some of you along the way. In person! And that just added a whole new dimension to this hobby!

So I thought I'd put together this Family Album and show everyone the great members, past and present, that I have met in this shared journey of ours. And if you have "meet and greet" pictures you would like to share, please feel free to add to this thread.
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 06-13-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 AM #2
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

2011, while en route to San Diego to do some Joe Hunting, I texted ender098 to get some info on his hunting grounds. He told me to swing by his place and we'll shoot the $h17 for a while. His entire garage is full of his impressive collection.

"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 06-13-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:04 AM #3
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

Also around December 2013, I get a message from Otto the Otter (right) that he was in the area and would like to go Joe Hunting. I picked him up at the Truck Stop in Ontario, (He's a truck driver, drives all over North America) swung down to Garden Grove, met vespapilot79 (left), got some All You Can Eat Korean BBQ and went Joe Hunting.

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 06-13-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:10 AM #4
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

Last month, May 2014, I met up with a buddy from New York who was down here on vacation, and went Joe Hunting at Frank and Son's Collectible Show in City of Industry, CA. While looking around, he points to a guy (striped shirt) and says, "Say man, don't that look like Blakwulf01?" I look up briefly from my texting, and said, "Yeah he does." Then he goes, "That's because it's me, Blakwulf01!" We were like, "HEY!!!!" WTF?!
Just showed up out of the blue, recognized us and quietly stood next to us. LOL! Never even said a word...

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 06-13-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Ah! Ah! Ah!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 AM #5
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Ah! Ah! Ah!

Another great thread!
It is cool to see the faces of "web" friends and members of the Joe-verse!
YO JOE!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 PM #6
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards

Great idea! I'm kind of surprised something like this hasn't happened before.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 PM #7
Ectimus Lithe
Sci-Guy

-->
Ectimus Lithe is on a distinguished road -->

Nice that you're taking the time & effort to curate these pics. Your initiative is making the G.I. Joe fan-community a little bit smaller place. Especially for those of us who don't go on Facebook to see photos of these people in that way.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 PM #8
cmyaj

-->
cmyaj is on a distinguished road -->

I've been looking for a collectors group in SoCal (more toward the IE) for some time now; just people to talk shop & go hunting on occasion. I know they exist, but has anyone on this site thought about starting regional groups or just getting together from time to time?

Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 PM #9
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyaj
I've been looking for a collectors group in SoCal (more toward the IE) for some time now; just people to talk shop & go hunting on occasion. I know they exist, but has anyone on this site thought about starting regional groups or just getting together from time to time?

OG13 has a SoCal Joe Group, but they're based mostly out of Burbank. I live in West Covina, and I pretty much just get together with Blakwulf01 and a few other local guys from FB and meet at Frank & Sons Weds and Sat. Matter of fact, tomorrow, I know Jesse Tofu (of tofujesse.com) is gonna be there, I might go and see him there. Take some pics and add to this thread. If you're interested, pm me.

If you're on FB, join our group, DioWarriors