User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 07-10-2017, 08:33 AM #21
Scarrviper
Veteran

-->
Scarrviper is on a distinguished road -->

My name is Kurt, I'm from Ohio. I first discovered G.I.Joe around 2002. Before that I was mainly into Star Wars collecting. A few years later I learned more through the internet with the various fansites that existed and gained interest in the vintage O-ring figures. Eventually I discovered this site and was a lurker for a year or so before joining in 2007.

I'll admit that in the last few years I've been away from the site and not posting as much as I did in the past. I think a lot of things contributed to that. I had less time to devote to the hobby, I think we've all been there at least once. There was less being posted here and less comments being made. There were times were the site was down with technical problems. After awhile you give up. Plus in 2015 I was sidelined after having to have two surgeries.

My collecting has changed a bit. In the past I was strictly a joe collector with some original trilogy Star Wars on the side. All 3 3/4" scale of course. Now I still collect o-ring joes, that will always be my focus, but with my interest in star wars faded (no thanks to hasbro or disney), I have branched out to collecting some of Neca's 7" figures.

I've learned a lot since first coming here 10 years ago, it's hard to believe it's been that long.

"It was long ago, and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today."