Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM #1
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->
Default Street Fighter II

Guile
Special Forces Fighter

During 1993 when G.I. Joe was scrambling in all directions Hasbro looked at video game characters as a possible line of figures. Video games were already more popular then even with young ages. One such game was Capcom's Street Fighter II. I never played the game as a kid I still had a NES well into the 90s, so I really don't know much about it. What I do know is the line of figures belong more in a circus or ultimate fighting ring then on the battlefield with G.I. Joe. I did manage to snag a few over recent years that I felt could have a place in Joe or Cobra. The figures were split in half, one group had the Ninja Force spring action features while the other half sported giant neon spring action launchers. All of them included a bio file card with a special attack for the video game. Either way you lose!!!

Perhaps the closest thing to a G.I. Joe member is Col. Guile. Guile is a American Special Forces soldier who fits right in with Stalker, Beach Head and Falcon. Well sort of... If it wasn't for his none dress issued crew cut he might have a chance on the G.I. Joe roster. Guile uses the Road Pig torso and Road Block legs which actually do him justice. He has a new sculpted head and a painted on tank top. I actually have a leather jacket Urban Rev Toys made for me for Guile to wear on those cooler days or just cruising the Santa Monica strip in his cherry red Camaro letting his hair blow in the wind. Guile includes his Sonic Boom cannon his "signature move" with string and grappling hook. He also includes two missiles, cannon shield, two assault rifles, knife and stand.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:59 PM #2
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

M. Bison
Grand Master

General Bison is the big boss to beat in the game he appears to defy gravity hovering over the player in both the game and cartoon. Bison is leader of Shadowloo a criminal organization much like Cobra. In fact both Guile and Bison are key players in my Joe-verse. Very little is know of Bison his country of origin is never been brought up which poses a mystery about where he acquired his superpowers. The Bison legs are 1992 Destro's I am not sure where the upper torso and arms are from my guess is like the head they are all new. Bison comes equipped with his Flaming Torpedo Launcher "teeheehee", string and grappling hook as well as two missiles, pistol, sub machine gun, rifle and stand. Some figures include a set of Road Pigs shoulder pads which mine did not. I feel the pads make the figure appear more goofy and cartoony and I much rather prefer them without.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:31 PM #3
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Blanka
Jungle Fighter

Blanka is a savage creature from the jungles of Brazil. I personally believe he is American part of Guile's squad who was captured and transformed into the monster you see by Bison's scientists. As in the movie and cartoon series. He escapes and flees to Brazil where he finds sanctuary among the rain forests. In my Joe-verse Cobra is in pursuit of Blanka because he holds the key to Bison's super soldier serum which will eventually be used to make the Neo-Vipers. Blanka uses most of the Road Pig mold with a new head sculpt. I recall the head was repainted to be used on Hot Wire another Cobra scientist as a G.I. Joe convention piece. Blanka includes his Beast blaster cannon with grappling hook, string, two missiles, stand, rifle, machine pistol and knife.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM #4
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Crimson Cruiser
w/ Championship Edition M. Bison

The Street Fight II series also had three vehicles and a play set. All were repaints and retools of older G.I. Joe vehicles. Take the Crimson Cruiser M. Bison's chief mode of transportation. The Cruiser is a repaint of the 1991 G.I. Joe Badger. It's ironic how each vehicle changed sides for good or evil. To me the Crimson Cruiser is a big improvement over the key lime green Badger. I would not be caught dead driving into battle. The Cruiser is no big improvement but at least it has more muted colors and bad guys always look good driving crazy decorated rides. The Crimson Cruiser features rear wheel suspension, opening canopy, elevating and rotating launcher with 3 spring loaded missiles. It holds up to three figures.

Included with the Crimson Cruiser is Championship Edition M. Bison. He is a repaint of the carded figure and like him some include the Road Pig shoulder pads. Road Pig gets a lot of love in this line.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:30 AM #5
Marty
Veteran

-->
Marty is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Marty

I remember seeing these instore back in the day, and not being the slightest bit interested in getting them. In an ebay lot I won a couple years ago, some of these figures were included (Blanka, Guile, Bison, Balrog), and the Crimson Cruiser. I have no use for the figures, but I was glad to get the Crimson Cruiser, because I want to make a custom Badger. The flouro green/yellow of the original Badger always bothered me, so with the CC I'll spray it a decent olive drab and make a proper joe vehicle out of it.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 PM #6
Marty
Veteran

-->
Marty is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Marty

Also, I'm pretty certain that Bisons chest and arms are not original tools, but actually from 1988 Hardball.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:50 PM #7
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

I never got any of the Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat figures in stores but I remember seeing them too.

You're right that is Hardball.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:55 AM #8
dinoviper
Veteran

-->

Sonic Boom Tank
w/ Championship Guile

Released in 1993 for the Street Fighter II series is the Sonic Boom tank a repaint of the 1991 Cobra Paralyzer. The tank can hold up to three figures, rolling wheels on the treads, lifting canopy, rotating and elevating cannon and missile launcher. The Cannon has a recoil kick back feature and the missile launcher fires three missiles. I actually like that color of this tank and it fits in well with in the G.I. Joe motor pool.

Included with the tank is Championship Guile a basic repaint done in a desert brown camo.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:23 PM #9
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Smile

Great review!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444