Welcome Don!

Stalker
Old 08-17-2012, 09:40 AM #182
Stalker
Veteran

-->
Stalker is on a distinguished road -->
Default Stalker

My name is Rob. I am a long-time "Stalker" on this site, and other Joe forums.

I took Lonzo's name because he's my favorite Joe, the heart of the Marvel continuity, and nobody else wanted to be called (a) Stalker. He was also my first Joe along with straight-arm SnakeEyes, Scarlett and Flash.

I gave all my toys away around 1993, frustrated by the changes in the line. There were a lot of things (characters / vehicles) I wanted to add to my collection that I had missed out on in previous years, but rather than rerelease them, Hasbro always seemed to Neonize them, Pythonize them or Tigerize them. (Or Mauraderize).

I got back in at the end of 2005 when I found out about the comic packs and finally could get my original 13 Joes with red collars. Also the TRU trooper six-pack (the first thing I got when I got back into collecting) was awesome and is probably still the best O-ring army builder of all time (give or take some issues like glued torsos).

GeneralsJoes, ViolentFix, Outrider and others inspired me to do dio-stories and photos. My efforts never lived up to my vision, but I am finally getting to the point where I am taking the pictures I want to take and I hope to revive my "Dio-verse" where it left off.

I have a website for these stories (cobracy.com -- an anagram of my name). I recently put my first and second comics back up. Take a look if you haven't seen them. I try to make them replete with "Easter Eggs." I hope to get more stories up by the end of the year.

Make mine G.I. Joe!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 PM #183
figureware
Veteran

-->
figureware is on a distinguished road -->

I thought I had posted on this thing but I guess not My name is Jon I go by Figureware I have collected Joes on and off since the ARAH kick off! I am married, no kids, semi retired = bored= going back to school! Ever since I saw the making of Back to the Future I have wanted my own set so in my house I have a Joe room which has a complete Springfield town! It also has several shelves with different dio's as well as a backlot for temporary dio comic sets. I love GI Joe and also collect any 1/18 and 3 3/4 figures that will work with my Joeverse! I also have over a hundred 1/18 cars nearly 300 1/18 motorcycles and over 30 treehouse kids trucks! as for figures Ive lost count! The room has departments (boxes) of interchangeable props and set pieces. To all Welcome to Joedios! I love this site and I know you will too! look forward to seeing your stuff!

Welcome
Old 08-17-2012, 03:14 PM #184
figureware
Veteran

-->
figureware is on a distinguished road -->
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker

I took Lonzo's name because he's my favorite Joe, the heart of the Marvel continuity, and nobody else wanted to be called (a) Stalker. He was also my first Joe along with straight-arm SnakeEyes, Scarlett and Flash.

I gave all my toys away around 1993, frustrated by the changes in the line. There were a lot of things (characters / vehicles) I wanted to add to my collection that I had missed out on in previous years, but rather than rerelease them, Hasbro always seemed to Neonize them, Pythonize them or Tigerize them. (Or Mauraderize).

I got back in at the end of 2005 when I found out about the comic packs and finally could get my original 13 Joes with red collars. Also the TRU trooper six-pack (the first thing I got when I got back into collecting) was awesome and is probably still the best O-ring army builder of all time (give or take some issues like glued torsos).

GeneralsJoes, ViolentFix, Outrider and others inspired me to do dio-stories and photos. My efforts never lived up to my vision, but I am finally getting to the point where I am taking the pictures I want to take and I hope to revive my "Dio-verse" where it left off.

I have a website for these stories (cobracy.com -- an anagram of my name). I recently put my first and second comics back up. Take a look if you haven't seen them. I try to make them replete with "Easter Eggs." I hope to get more stories up by the end of the year.

Make mine G.I. Joe!!!

Welcome aboard mate!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM #185
Night Fox
Brazilian resistance!

-->
Night Fox is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by figureware
I thought I had posted on this thing but I guess not My name is Jon I go by Figureware I have collected Joes on and off since the ARAH kick off! I am married, no kids, semi retired = bored= going back to school! Ever since I saw the making of Back to the Future I have wanted my own set so in my house I have a Joe room which has a complete Springfield town! It also has several shelves with different dio's as well as a backlot for temporary dio comic sets. I love GI Joe and also collect any 1/18 and 3 3/4 figures that will work with my Joeverse! I also have over a hundred 1/18 cars nearly 300 1/18 motorcycles and over 30 treehouse kids trucks! as for figures Ive lost count! The room has departments (boxes) of interchangeable props and set pieces. To all Welcome to Joedios! I love this site and I know you will too! look forward to seeing your stuff!

Welcome on Joedios! We'd love to see your joe room pictures, sounds really awesome!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 PM #186
Night Fox
Brazilian resistance!

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker

Make mine G.I. Joe!!!

Welcome Rob!

A bit about me...
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM #187
HeelJoe
Veteran

-->
HeelJoe is on a distinguished road -->
Default A bit about me...

Hello to one and all,

I am Ben aka HeelJoe and a fresh faced newbee. I am a Physical Education teacher to 11-16 year old children in the UK. I am Welsh and proud but reside in England with my lil lady who recently became my wife. I am a bonefide big kid and collecting toys has become a passion over the last few years. The majority of my GI Joe collection from when I was little kid has been lost and/or broken in numerous house moves. I am a now able to collect as many as I like with my specialities being wwe and of course GI Joe. With random other toys entering the fray like Star Wars for Whacky Wednesday and other silly dios. I'm really enjoying creating dios right now and drawing inspiration from others work - special mentions to the folks on here! Currently having a bash at story board dios and improving my photo/computer skills. Umm,... that's all I think, unless anyone has some questions for me as I've missed something out or questions need answering for this welcome thread.

Nice one.

Check out my ongoing diocom story...
Parental Advisory 1:18th D.T.A

Hi!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM #188
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Hi!

Welcome!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM #189
squintpictures

-->
squintpictures is on a distinguished road -->

Squintpictures=Greg

Hey all. Let me start by saying I dig Joedios. I was really excited when I stumbled across it. It mixes two things I really enjoy photography and joes. I live in Arkansas and I am a Director of Photography for a film and video post house. I have a beautiful little girl and a lovely wife of 14 years now.

I'm loving all the great pics you guys are posting! Keep 'em coming.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM #190
Night Fox
Brazilian resistance!

-->

Welcome on JoeDios, I believe your skills will bring us some fantastic pics!